|Matthew Fox Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||July 14, 1966|
Matthew Fox is a talented American actor who is most recognized as Dr. Jack Shepherd from the popular TV series Lost (2004-2010). His other notable roles include Party of Five, Freshman Dorm, Haunted, We Are Marshall, Vantage Point, and Bone Tomahawk. He has Bachelors of Arts degree in Economics from Columbia University. He also took acting lessons at The New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts in New York City.
Matthew Chandler Fox
Abington, Pennsylvania, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Matthew Fox attended Wind River High School and did post-graduate high school study at Deerfield Academy in Massachusetts, graduating in 1984. Later, he joined Columbia University and graduated with a Bachelors of Arts degree in Economics in 1989.
He also studied acting at The New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts in New York City for 2 years.
- Father – Francis G. Fox (Consultant for an oil company, raised longhorn cattle and horses, and grew barley for Coors beer)
- Mother – Loretta B. (Teacher)
- Siblings – Francis Fox, Jr. (Older Brother), Bayard Fox (Younger Brother)
- Others – Charles Pemberton Fox (Paternal Grandfather), Charles Pemberton Fox (Paternal Great Grandfather), Mary Large (Paternal Great Grandmother), Marion Allison Galey (Paternal Grandmother), Frank Holt Galey (Paternal Great Grandfather), Marion Andrews Chandler (Paternal Great Grandmother), Leonard J. Eagono (Maternal Grandfather), Loreto Joseph Iacono/Iacone/Eagono (Maternal Great Grandfather), Restitutta “Esther” Migliacchio/Migliaccio (Maternal Great Grandmother), Bernice Christina Hostelley (Maternal Grandmother), William S. L./Henry Hostelley (Maternal Great Grandfather), Mabel E. Gillan (Maternal Great Grandmother)
Matthew Fox is managed by Management 360, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Matthew Fox has dated –
- Margherita Ronchi (1987-Present) – In 1987, Matthew started dating Italian model Margherita Ronchi. The couple first met at a restaurant where Margherita was working as a waitress and Matthew was then a student of Economics at Colombia University. The couple tied the knot in August 1992. They are blessed with a daughter named Kyle Fox (b. 1998) and a son named Byron Fox (b. 2001).
Race / Ethnicity
He has Italian, English, Irish, and some distant Scottish and Swedish ancestry.
- Keeps short, almost shaved hairstyle
- Long pointed chin
- Straight nose
- Tall height
Matthew Fox has either endorsed or appeared in commercials for brands like –
- National Fluid Milk Processor Promotion campaign (1996)
- L’Oréal Hydra Energetic Turbo Booster (2009)
- Toyota (2015)
Best Known For
His roles in TV series and films including Party of Five (1994–2000) as Charlie Salinger, Lost (2004–2010) as Jack Shephard, We Are Marshall (2006) as Red Dawson, Vantage Point (2008) as Kent Taylor, Alex Cross (2012) as Picasso, Emperor (2012) as General Bonner Fellers, and Bone Tomahawk (2015) as John Brooder
In 1993, he made his theatrical film debut in the comedy-horror film My Boyfriend’s Back as Buck Van Patten.
First TV Show
In 1992, he made his first TV show appearance on the comedy-drama series Wings as Ty Warner.
Matthew Fox works out regularly. Rather than lifting weights, he prefers doing a minimum of 30 minutes aerobic exercises 3 to 4 times a week. He also does a 20-minute run and a 20-minute bike ride. He also played a lot of football in his younger days.
As for his diet, he watches what he eats and does not follow any diet plans.
Matthew Fox Favorite Things
- Films – Apocalypse Now (1979), Unforgiven (1992), Drive (2011), Blade Runner (1982), and Trading Places (1983)
- Music Bands – Arcade Fire, Sigur Rós, John Bramwell, Modest Mouse, and The Black Angels
Matthew Fox Facts
- As a child, he grew up in Crowheart, Wyoming, on the family ranch.
- At the age of 6, he learned to do horseback riding.
- In 1996, People magazine listed him among the “50 most beautiful people in the world”.
- He is known for frequently hosting parties at his house.
- He shares great friendship with Green Day’s Billie Joe Armstrong.
- Matthew is an avid Philadelphia Eagles fan.
- At over 6 ft 2 inches, he was the tallest central cast member of the TV series Lost (2004-2010).
- At the Columbia University, he was a member of the Phi Gamma Delta fraternity.
- Apart from rock music, he listens to punk as well.
- In his free time, he hosts youth football clinics and teaches how to run the veer offense.
- In 3 weeks, he traveled to 9 countries as a part of his promotional activity for the film Vantage Point (2008).
- As the main character, he had the most episodes in the TV series Lost (2004-2010) with around 116 episodes as Dr. Jack Shepherd.
- He is a licensed private pilot and owns a Beechcraft Bonanza G36 aircraft.
- On May 10, 2012, he was charged with DUI (driving under the influence) in Bend, Oregon and was later sentenced to a court-ordered alcohol treatment program.
- He also owns an Aviat Husky A-1C airplane.
- He is not active on social media.
Featured Image by Ewen Roberts / Flickr / CC BY-2.0