|Matthew Mole Quick Info
|5 ft 6 in
|Date of Birth
|October 28, 1991
Matthew Mole is a South African singer-songwriter and musician who burst into the limelight with his debut album The Home We Built (2013) that peaked at the top of the iTunes chart, getting named as the iTunes Editors Choice “Best of 2013” Album of the Year. He went on to release several other albums including Run (2016), a number of EPs like You did Well, Kid (2011), and various singles such as Pennsylvania (2020). He has received numerous accolades including being a nominee for both “Male Artist of the Year” and “Best Pop Album” at The 20th Annual South African Music Awards in 2014.
- Siblings – Kelly (Sister)
Folk With Electronics
Vocal, Acoustic Guitar, Banjo, Banjolele, Piano, Ukulele
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Jessica Anne (2015-Present) – Matthew tied the knot with Jessica in January 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of South African descent.
- Tattoos on his body
- Dimpled smile
- Expressive eyes
He has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Raoul Goetze Tattoos.
Matthew Mole Favorite Things
- Hobbies – Bowling, Illustration
- Cherished Memories Of His Childhood – Teasing his sister non-stop, Swimming a lot at his grandmother’s house
- Passion – Friends and family as they have been a constant source of love and support in his life that has brought him so much happiness
- Live Performance – His first show in 2013 at the South African festival in the Drakensberg known as Splashy Fen where for the first time he had experienced the most amazing atmosphere with the interaction between the audience and himself, that had ended up being the most encouraging show for him
Matthew Mole Facts
- He has recalled that his musically talented father had offered to teach him basic chords when Matthew had got his first guitar at the age of 11.
- He had formed an electro-pop duo with his closest pal in college as a hobby and also in order to experiment with electronics. Later on, he began playing solo shows with an acoustic guitar, drum, synths, as well as electronic equipment.
- Matthew has disclosed that he has regarded his song Brother & Sister (2019) to have been one of the most wonderful numbers he has ever had in a recording. He had written it for his sister. After the song was recorded, there was a section where he had craved for her voice. So, he had requested her to record herself singing it with her phone, and then text it over to him. It was only a single word that she added but it made all the difference and turned the single into one of his most special creations.
- He has revealed one of his most memorable stories from the road to have been one that happened when he was in Hollywood in 2014. He was strolling along some random street when out of nowhere, Snoop Dogg had just popped out of some apartment and Matthew’s mind had not been able to handle it.
Featured Image by Matthew Mole / Instagram