Neeti Mohan went to the Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani. She has also studied philosophy at the Miranda House, University of Delhi.
Neeti started taking music lessons at the Gandharva Mahavidyalaya. She later took formal classes at the Bhatkhande Music Institute. When she moved to Mumbai, she was tutored by Rajashree Pathak.
Neeti learned Kathak and Bharat Natyam under the guidance of Ashley Lobo.
Singer, Songwriter, Composer
- Father – Brij Mohan Sharma (Government Officer)
- Mother – Kusum (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Shakti Mohan (Younger Sister) (Actress, Dancer), Mukti Mohan (Younger Sister) (Actress, Dancer), Kriti Mohan (Younger Sister)
Pop, Filmi, Classical
- Sony Music India
- Eros Music
- Zee Music Company
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Neeti Mohan has opted to keep her private life firmly away from the spotlight, which makes it difficult for us to ascertain anything about her dating history and love life.
Race / Ethnicity
- Prominent nose
- High cheekbones
Best Known For
Having served as a playback singer for Ishq Wala Love in popular movie Student of the Year.
As a Singer
She has lent her voice to a number of soundtracks recorded for popular Bollywood movies such as Bombay Velvet, Kick, and Raanjhanaa.
In 2015, she made her theatrical film debut in the crime drama movie, Bombay Velvet.
First TV Show
In 2014, Neeti Mohan made her first TV show appearance on the comedy show, Comedy Nights with Kapil.
Neeti Mohan Favorite Things
- Travel Companions – Her sisters
- Movie – Satte Pe Satta (1982)
- Lyricist – Amitabh Bhattacharya
- Movie Soundtrack – The Sound of Music
- Influences – Asha Bhosle, Lata Mangeshkar, Kishore Kumar
- Songwriting Influence – John Mayer
Source – Hindustan Times, Wikipedia
Neeti Mohan Facts
- She got her first break after she was selected as a band member of Aasma after having won the 2nd season of the Channel V show, Popstars.
- While studying in school, she was a member of the school band and they participated in the Republic Day Parade, organized in Delhi, for 5 consecutive years.
- She credits her father for having got her interested in the school extra-curricular activities such as dancing, singing, and performing in theatre.
- In June 2016, she was roped in by Smile Foundation to perform at a charity gala, which was held to raise funds and awareness for the cause of underprivileged children and youth.
- While studying in school, she participated in programs run by the National Cadet Corps of India and was even judged as the best cadet. She was also selected to represent India as the Youth Exchange Programme cadet.
- In October 2014, she performed in a music concert held in Ballia. The proceeds from the concert were donated to the rehabilitation of those who had been devastated by Kashmir floods.
- In October 2014, she participated in another concert held in New Delhi. The concert was held to raise funds for people affected by floods in Assam.
- In January 2017, she started working with United Nations on various projects related to promoting gender equality, ending human trafficking, and empowering women.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / www.bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY-3.0