|Matthew Potts Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||October 29, 1998|
Matthew Potts is an English professional cricketer who has represented his country in the longest format of the sport (Tests), as a frontline pace bowler. In the English domestic circuit, he has played for Durham County Cricket Club (2017–Present) across all 3 formats. In franchise-based T20 leagues, he has turned out for Lahore Qalandars (2022) in the PSL (Pakistan Super League). He has also played for Northern Superchargers (2021–Present) in The Hundred, a professional franchise 100-ball cricket tournament that was introduced by the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) as a new format of cricket that was played for the first time in July and August 2021.
Matthew James Potts
Sunderland, Durham, England, United Kingdom
England, United Kingdom
Matthew had attended the St. Robert of Newminster Catholic School and Sixth Form College, a co-educational secondary school and sixth form located in Washington in the City of Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, North East England.
He has been represented by Niall O’Brien (Former Irish International Cricketer), Manager & Booking Agent, CSM Sport and Entertainment, Global Integrated Sports and Entertainment Agency, Spratton, Northamptonshire, England, United Kingdom.
- 82 – Test Match
- 35 – Durham County Cricket Club (English Domestic Cricket), Northern Superchargers (The Hundred)
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of British descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
He has been sponsored by the British cricket bats manufacturer, Kippax Cricket.
Matthew Potts Facts
- Matthew first came into the spotlight in 2019 when he scalped 17 wickets in his debut in The T20 Blast (the premier domestic T20 cricket competition in England).
- In April 2022, during the County Championship (the premier domestic first-class cricket competition in England), he recorded his maiden 5-wicket haul in first-class cricket, with a spell of 6/58 against Leicestershire County Cricket Club.
- About a month later, he helped Durham County Cricket Club register a 58-run win against Glamorgan County Cricket Club by recording an 11-wicket match haul that included 7 wickets in the 2nd innings.
- The 2022 first-class season continued to bring him rich dividends as he claimed 35 wickets in his first 6 matches of the season, a performance that persuaded the national selectors to fast-track him to the senior national squad.
- In May 2022, he was included in England’s test match squad for their 3-match home bilateral series against New Zealand. This was Matthew’s first call-up to an English senior national team.
- He made his test (and international) debut in June 2022 in the first match of the aforementioned series and more than impressed the fans and observers through his performances. He took 4 wickets for just 13 runs (9.2 overs) in the first innings of the match and 3 wickets for 55 runs (20 overs) in the second innings, as England went on to win the match by 5 wickets.
- In July 2022, he was included in England’s ODI squad for their 3-match bilateral home series against South Africa. This was the first time that he had been included in an ODI squad by the English national selectors.
Featured Image by Matthew Potts / Instagram