|Meghna Singh Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||June 18, 1994|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Meghna Singh is an Indian professional cricketer who has represented her country in both the longer formats of the sport (Tests and ODIs), as a frontline pace bowler. In the Indian domestic circuit, she has played for her home state of Uttar Pradesh across all 3 formats. In franchise-based T20 cricket, she has turned out for Velocity (2020) in the Women’s T20 Challenge.
Bijnor, Uttar Pradesh, India
Bijnor, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Father – Vijay Veer Singh (Security Guard at a Sugar Mill)
- Mother – Reena Singh (Social Health Activist associated with ASHA, a community health initiative instituted by India’s Ministry of Health and Family Welfare as a part of the country’s National Rural Health Mission)
- Siblings – She has 3 younger sisters and 1 younger brother.
- Others – Prem Pal Singh (Grandfather) (Sub-Inspector (Retired) with Uttar Pradesh Police), Asha Thakur (Grandmother)
She is represented by FairPlay Sports, Athlete Management & Sports Marketing / PR Agency, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
16 – Test Match, One Day International (ODI)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
67 kg or 147.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair auburn or red.
- Toned physique
- Side-parted, neck-length, wavy hair
- Affable smile
- Radiant face
Meghna Singh Facts
- She had started her cricketing journey by participating in local matches with boys. When she had started getting formal training, she used to travel about 24 km to and fro twice a day with her father just to get to the nearby cricket stadium for her practice sessions.
- In her early 20s, she had been hired as a booking clerk with the Indian Railways in the city of Moradabad based on her sporting ability. This had allowed her the flexibility to pursue rigorous cricket training and participate in as many domestic matches as she could while holding a stable job with which she could pay off her rent and cricket coaching fees as well as support her family a bit.
- She had first come into the spotlight on the Indian domestic scene in 2019 through her strong bowling performances which she was able to replicate while representing India A in a bilateral series of matches against Sri Lanka A.
- When she had made her senior international debut for India in September 2021, in an away ODI match against Australia, she had become just the 2nd female player from the state of Uttar Pradesh, after Poonam Yadav, to have represented India in a senior international match.
- Later that month, she had made her test match debut, also against Australia, in what was the first day-night test match played by the Indian women’s team. It was also the Indian women’s team’s first test match in Australia since 2006.
- In India’s 4th game of the group stage of the 2022 ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup, against defending champions England, she was India’s best performer with the ball having taken 3 wickets for 26 runs in 7.2 overs. Her effort went in vain though as England managed to scrape through to a nervy victory by 4 wickets.
Featured Image by Meghna Singh / Instagram