|Mehmet Oz Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 0½ in|
|Date of Birth||June 11, 1960|
Mehmet Oz is a Turkish-American television personality, cardiothoracic surgeon, Columbia University professor, pseudoscience promoter as well as an author who shot to fame after being introduced by Oprah Winfrey as a health expert to TV viewers in 2003, on the Discovery Channel show named Second Opinion. His article “Retool, Reboot, and Rebuild” in the Esquire magazine where he has a regular column, was conferred the National Magazine Award for “Personal Service” in 2009.
Mehmet Cengiz Öz
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
Cliffside Park, New Jersey, United States
He attended Tower Hill School in Wilmington, Delaware. He then went to Harvard University and attained his undergraduate degree in Biology in 1982. In 1986, he acquired both MD and MBA degrees from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine and Wharton Business School respectively.
Television Personality, Surgeon, Professor, Pseudoscience Promoter, Author
- Father – Mustafa Öz
- Mother – Suna (née Atabay)
- Siblings – Seval Öz (Sister), Nazlim Öz (Sister)
- Others – Dr. Gerald Lemole (Father-In-Law)
6 ft 0½ in or 184 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Lisa Oz (1985-Present) – He tied the knot with the producer, writer, and actress Lisa Oz on July 29, 1985. They have 4 children together including his oldest daughter Daphne Oz (b. in 1986) who is an author and television host.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Turkish and Circassian (Shapsug) descent.
Dark Brown (Natural)
He has disclosed that he has been influenced by the mysticism of Sufi Muslims from Central Turkey, and also by the ideas of Emanuel Swedenborg who was the 18th-century Swedish theologian, scientist, philosopher, revelator as well as a mystic.
Mehmet Oz Favorite Things
- Pastime – Being involved in the non-profit organization for health education and peer mentoring named HealthCorps that he founded
- Advocates – Transcendental meditation
- Belief – Surgery is actually controlled arrogance.
Mehmet Oz Facts
- He served in the Turkish Army so he could keep his Turkish citizenship.
- Oz is fluent in both English and Turkish.
- He debuted his solo TV career in 2009 with the Dr. Oz Show.
- Oz has been a regular guest on The Oprah Winfrey Show since 2004 and has appeared numerous times on it.
- Several of his books have been New York Times bestsellers.
- He has received a number of patents.
- Oz believes in reinventing his marriage by renewing his vows every 7 years.
- In March 2021, he started working as an interim host of the popular game show, Jeopardy! Later, in April 2021, one of the contestants on the show during his hosting gig accused him of making fun of other contestants when they answered a question incorrectly.
Featured Image by Mehmet Oz / Instagram