|Michael Barrett Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||May 28, 1970|
Michael Barrett is an American cinematographer who rose to prominence with his work in movies like Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2005) and Ted (2012). In 2002, he was conferred with the ASC Award for Outstanding Achievement in Cinematography in the category “Movie of the Week or Pilot (Network)” for his commendable work on the episode Cross Jurisdictions in the crime drama CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
Michael Bradley Barrett
Riverside, California, United States
California, United States
He attended the University of California, Los Angeles with art history as his subject and took film classes, earning his B.A. in 1992.
After that, he shifted to New York City and studied films at Columbia University completing his M.F.A. in 1996, selecting the highly acclaimed cinematographer Allen Daviau as his advisor for his thesis.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
75 kg 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Edele Lynch (2006-2014) – He tied the knot with Edele Lynch in 2006. They got divorced in 2014.
- Anna Faris (2017-Present) – He started dating actress Anna Faris in September 2017. They got engaged on November 9, 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
- Sharp nose
Michael Barrett Favorite Things
- Food – Different kinds of pasta and salad
- Beverage – Wine
Source – The Things
Michael Barrett Facts
- In hindsight, he has been thankful that Columbia University, where he pursued his higher studies, lacked a cinematography program since this led him to shoot more than 40 short films for other students as well as several music videos for local bands.
- He has stated that he got highly inspired by the cinematographer Gabriel Figueroa after a meeting with him.
- The turning point in Barret’s career was when in 2001 he was offered to work on the TV show CSI.
- Barret and Anna Faris started dating each other shortly after her divorce from the actor and film producer Chris Pratt with whom she had a son named Jack, who was born in August 2012.
- He had worked with Faris in the 2018 remake of the 1980s cult classic Overboard.
- Anna’s Mom co-star, Allison Janney, has stated that all the friends of Faris have strongly approved of her relationship with Barret, whom they have admired for a down-to-earth, stable nature, and for being great with her son. Chris Pratt, on the other hand, has been said to have not found it easy to digest her pairing up so soon after breaking up with him.
- He has proved to be an old school gentleman, taking out his lady and treating her and always paying the bill, like when he and Faris dined at the Italian restaurant Modo Mio in the Pacific Palisades neighborhood twice on consecutive days.
- He has been a very private person preferring to remain behind the camera, with hardly any photos or information about him out there online or any activity of his seen on the social media, only apart from his work details and the fact that he has graced the cover of publications such as CineAlta and OnFilm.
Featured Image by BlaxUp / Blaxup.in