|Michael J. Willett Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in|
|Date of Birth||September 11, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Michael J. Willett is an American actor and musician who has played Lionel Trane in the comedy-drama series United States of Tara, Tanner in the teen comedy film G.B.F., Shane Harvey in the MTV romantic comedy series Faking It, Cole Evans in the anthology dramedy series Dolly Parton‘s Heartstrings, Billy in the family fantasy drama series Joan of Arcadia, Aaron in the CBS police procedural drama series Without a Trace, and Joe Daniels in the sitcom Blue Mountain State.
Michael James Mansel Willett
Fresno, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Michael went to Clovis West High School in Fresno, California.
Actor, Singer, Musician
- Others – Joseph/Joe Mansel Willett (Paternal Grandfather), Florita Agsalud (Paternal Grandmother), Ivear Jay Farris (Maternal Grandfather), Alice Jane Silvis (Maternal Grandmother)
Michael J. Willett has been repped by Luber Roklin Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States.
Pop, classic/glam rock
5 ft 7½ in or 171 cm
67 kg or 148 pounds
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Asian and White)
Michael J. Willett is of Filipino, English, German, Scottish, and Irish descent.
Outgoing and talkative
To his credit, there is a Little Debbie commercial where he sang The Temptations’ “My Girl” song.
Best Known For
Playing a gay character Tanner in G.B.F. in 2013, and as Shane Harvey in the MTV’s romantic comedy series Faking It.
For his album “Diapason,” he has also performed some original songs like In Love Alone, Burning Desire, Started Over, etc. He has described his album as the “full, rich, melodious outpouring of sound. That is exactly how I describe what I do”.
In 2013, Michael starred in his debut teen comedy film G.B.F. (Gay Best Friend) for his role of Tanner.
First TV Show
In 2004, Michael played the role of Billy in the CBS fantasy/family drama series Joan of Arcadia in just 1 episode.
Michael does not play many sports. But, he likes to go for an exercise session three to five times a week.
Michael pays a visit to the gym apart from strolling his dog Little Dude.
Michael J. Willett Facts
- Since childhood, Michael has been a very open, outgoing, and talkative person.
- Michael considers himself as a singer first and actor second.
- His career started in 2002 at the age of 13.
- He is openly gay.
- Michael has a dog named, Little Dude.
- Michael supports several organizations such as K-9 Companions and AIDS/LifeCycle.
- Michael’s style icons are David Bowie and Gwen Stefani.
- When in school, he was more of an introvert.
- Joseph Gordon Levitt is his actor role model.
- He came out as gay at the age of 13 but dated both genders.
- In the past, he also had a pet fish named, Frederico, or Freddie.
- He is a closet puppet freak.
- He was once asked about playing gay characters in multiple roles to which Willett responded, “I want to play all different kinds of people; gay or straight. For example, when you go in to play a serial killer, you don’t question if it meets your physical or moral standards. You disregard that and play the character. I didn’t question it [accepting the G.B.F role]. I want to play all different kinds of characters and hope to continue to do so.”