|Michael Owen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||December 14, 1979|
Michael Owen is an English former professional soccer player who was renowned for his prolific goal-scoring and played for England at the international level and has represented major European teams like Liverpool, Real Madrid, Newcastle United, and Manchester United at the club level. As he helped Liverpool win the treble of the UEFA Cup, the FA Cup, and the Football League Cup in 2001, he was honored with the prestigious Ballon d’Or, and in 2004, he was named in the “FIFA 100”, a list of the world’s greatest living soccer players. After retirement from the sport in 2013, Michael has often been featured as a commentator and pundit. He has also become keenly interested in horse racing and the racehorse named Brown Panther, bred by him and his team, won a major race at the Royal Ascot in 2011.
Michael James Owen
Mo, Midget Gem
Chester, Cheshire, England, United Kingdom
Lower Soughton Manor, Flintshire, North Wales, Wales, United Kingdom
Michael attended the Rector Drew Primary School in Flintshire, North Wales. He then joined Deeside Area Primary School and Hawarden High School, both in North Wales, and played soccer for both school teams.
Professional Soccer Player (Retired)
- Father – Leslie Terence “Terry” Owen (Former Professional Soccer Player)
- Mother – Jeanette Owen
- Siblings – Terry Junior (Brother), Terry Owen, Jr. (Brother), Andrew Owen (Brother), Lesley Partridge (Sister), Karen Owen (Sister)
- Others – Richie Partridge (Brother-in-Law) (Former Professional Soccer Player)
During his playing days, he was represented by Wasserman Media Group, Los Angeles, California, United States.
- 10, 18, 20 – England
- 10, 18 – Liverpool
- 11 – Real Madrid
- 10 – Newcastle United
- 7 – Manchester United
- 10 – Stoke City
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Michael has dated –
- Louise Bonsall (1984–Present) – Michael and Louise had known each other since 1984 when they were in primary school together. They got engaged on February 14, 2004, and married on June 24, 2005, at the Carden Park Hotel in Chester. They have 4 children together – 3 daughters named Gemma Rose Owen (b. May 1, 2003), Emily May Owen (b. October 29, 2007), and Jessica Owen (b. February 26, 2010), and a son named James Michael Owen (b. February 6, 2006).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English descent.
Salt and Pepper
- Short-cropped, spiked hair
- Toned physique
- Short stature
- Affable smile
6 (UK) or 7 (US) or 40 (EU) [Boots]
7 (UK) or 8 (US) or 41 (EU) [Trainers/Shoes]
Michael has served as the ambassador for brands like –
- The First Group
- Colossus Bets
- Kent & Curwen
- Spey Whisky
He has appeared in the TV commercials for brands such as –
- Nestlé Sporties
- Persil (Detergent)
- Spey Whisky
- Alexanders Prestige
- BT Sport
Michael Owen Favorite Things
- Beverages – Cider, Wine, Champagne
- Soccer Player/Role Model – Neville Southall
- Soccer Clubs – Everton, Liverpool
- Hobbies/Interests – Horse Racing, Gambling
Source – Talk Sport, Wikipedia
Michael Owen Facts
- He was introduced to soccer at the age of 7 by his father and by the time he turned 10, he was already being monitored by some of England’s major scouts.
- At the age of 8, he was selected for Deeside Area Primary School’s Under-11 team. He captained the team the following year and at the age of 10, he scored a school-record 97 goals in a single season, beating the 20-year record held by Ian Rush, by 25 goals.
- Michael was the joint top-scorer (18 goals) in his first full season in the English Premier League. When he reached the milestone of 100 goals in the Premier League, he was the youngest to do so.
- From 1997 until his departure in 2004, he was the top scorer for Liverpool in each season of the English Premier League.
- Upon selection for the English national team, he became England’s youngest ever player and his first goal for the team made him England’s youngest goalscorer at that time.
- His 16th-minute goal in the 2nd round game against Argentina at the 1998 FIFA World Cup was voted as the 3rd greatest goal in English history in a 2013 poll.
- He was the first English player to score at least 1 goal in 4 consecutive major international tournaments. He achieved the feat by scoring at the 1998 FIFA World Cup, UEFA Euro 2000, 2002 FIFA World Cup, and UEFA Euro 2004.
- In a September 2007 win over Russia, he scored a brace of goals and became the first player to score international goals at both the old and new Wembley Stadiums.
- He was inducted in the ‘English Football Hall of Fame’ in 2014.
Featured Image by Michael Owen / Instagram