|Mika Häkkinen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||September 28, 1968|
Mika Häkkinen is a Finnish former professional racing driver who won the Formula One World Championship in 1998 and 1999, stood 2nd in 2000, and is often regarded as one among the greatest Formula One drivers of all time. Before entering the premier F1 tier in 1991, he had won the Nordic Formula Ford title in 1987, the Opel-Lotus Euroseries title in 1988, the Cellnet Formula Three SuperPrix in 1989, and the British Formula3 Championship in 1990. After retiring from top-level active motorsports in 2007, he worked in the field of commentary and driver management.
Mika Pauli Häkkinen
The Flying Finn
Professional Racing Driver (Retired)
- Father – Harri Häkkinen (Shortwave Radio Operator, Taxi Driver)
- Mother – Aila Häkkinen (Secretary)
- Siblings – Nina Häkkinen (Sister)
Formula One Teams
Mika had raced for –
- Team Lotus (1991-1992)
- Marlboro McLaren (1993-1996)
- West McLaren Mercedes (1997-2001)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mika has dated –
- Erja Honkanen (1995-2008) – Mika began dating former TV journalist and production manager Erja Honkanen in 1995. The couple got married in 1998 and have 2 children together, a son named Hugo Ronan Häkkinen (b. December 11, 2000) and a daughter named Aina Julia Häkkinen (b. 2005). They were officially divorced in 2008.
- Markéta Remešová (2007-Present) – Mika started dating Czech national Markéta Remešová in 2007 and they got married in 2016. They have 3 children together, 2 daughters named Ella Häkkinen (b. 2010) and Lynn Maria Häkkinen (b. 2014), and a son named Daniel Pauli Häkkinen (b. 2014).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Finnish descent.
- Side-parted, wavy hair
- Clean-shaven look
- Has a mole on his neck
- Affable smile
Mika has served as the brand ambassador for –
- Johnnie Walker
- Mercedes-Benz AMG
- Nokian Tyres
Mika Häkkinen Favorite Things
- Sports – Motor Racing, Skiing, Swimming, Tennis
- Adventure Sport – Scuba Diving
- Singers/Musicians – Phil Collins, Michael Jackson, Frank Sinatra, Jukka Tapio Karjalainen
Source – Wikipedia
Mika Häkkinen Facts
- As a child, Mika used to live in the same street as Mika Salo who also went on to race at the Formula One level. The two had become good friends and had overlapping F1 careers as Salo raced in the premier tier from 1994 to 2002.
- After entering the Formula One class in 1991, it took him 7 years to score his first F1 victory. It came at the 1997 European Grand Prix, the last race of the 1997 season.
- He won 8 races in his triumphant 1998 F1 season and all of the 8 wins came in pairs of 2 wins at successive events. He won the first 2 races of the season (in Australia and Brazil), then the 5th and 6th (in Spain and Monaco), then the 10th and 11th (in Austria and Germany), and closed the season by winning the last 2 races, the 15th and 16th (in Luxembourg and Japan).
- Apart from his residence in Monaco, he has also held properties in his native Finland and France. In May 2008, a newly completed mansion of his in France was severely damaged due to a short circuit in one of his trophy cabinets. Some of his F1 trophies were destroyed in the incident.
Featured Image by Mika Häkkinen / Instagram