|Mike Gesicki Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||October 3, 1995|
Mike Gesicki is an American professional football player who has represented, as a tight end, the Miami Dolphins (2018–Present), in the NFL (National Football League). He had been selected 42nd overall, by the Miami Dolphins, in the 2nd round of the 2018 NFL Draft. He was the 2nd tight end to be drafted that year.
Michael William Gesicki
Manahawkin, Stafford Township, Ocean County, New Jersey, United States
Mike had attended the Southern Regional High School, a comprehensive public school in his hometown of Manahawkin. After his high school graduation in 2014, he had joined the Pennsylvania State University, a public state-related land-grant research university. He had represented their Penn State Nittany Lions football team until 2017.
Professional American Football Player
- Father – Michael Gesicki
- Mother – Donna Gesicki
- Siblings – Ashley Gesicki (Older Sister), Kelsey Gesicki (Older Sister)
88 – Miami Dolphins
6 ft 6 in or 198 cm
113 kg or 249 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mike has dated –
- Halle Proper (2015–Present) – Mike had started dating his college sweetheart Halle Proper in November 2015. The couple got engaged in July 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Often sports a trimmed beard
- Affable smile
Mike Gesicki Facts
- A multi-skilled athlete in his school days, Mike used to play several sports, including football, basketball, and volleyball, at the Southern Regional High School. He had ended his high school football career as the school’s all-time leading receiver with 1,817 yards on 103 receptions, including 16 touchdown catches. His performance was stellar in other sports too – he had set school records in basketball (1,866 points), and volleyball (519 blocks).
- As of March 2021, he had held the career record for the most receptions by a tight end in the history of the Penn State Nittany Lions, the representative team of Pennsylvania State University. His exceptional statistics at the college level had earned him the nickname of ‘The Mismatch’.
- After setting career-high records in several ‘receiving’ parameters during his junior year (2016) at Pennsylvania State University, he was named on the watchlist for the prestigious John Mackey Award, in July 2017. The award, established in 2000, is presented annually to college football’s most outstanding tight end who also exemplifies sportsmanship and community values.
- He was called on to play his 1st NFL game in Miami Dolphins‘ opening game in the 2018 NFL season. He had recorded a reception for 11 yards in his debut game and had ended his rookie season with 22 receptions for 202 receiving yards.
- Mike had recorded his first career receiving touchdown in the 12th week of the 2019 NFL season, on an 11-yard reception, in a game against the Cleveland Browns.
- In the 2nd week of the 2020 NFL season, in a game against the Buffalo Bills, he had recorded 8 receptions for 130 yards. He had also recorded his first touchdown of the season in that game. This was the first time in his NFL career that he had recorded 100+ receiving yards in a single game. Despite his performance, his team had lost the match by a margin of 28–31.
Featured Image by Mike Gesicki / Instagram