|David Giuntoli Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||June 21, 1980|
David Giuntoli is an American actor, voice actor, director, writer, and producer who is known for playing Detective Nick Burkhardt in the NBC fantasy police procedural drama series Grimm, Eddie Saville in the ABC family drama series A Million Little Things, and Jacob Cassidy in The CW comedy-drama series Privileged. In addition to that, he has also been cast in various other shows and movies such as Buddymoon, Grey’s Anatomy, 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi, Veronica Mars, Weather Girl, Cold Case, Turn the Beat Around, Batman: Soul of the Dragon, Caroline and Jackie, 6 Month Rule, Private Practice, Ghost Whisperer, Nip/Tuck, Road Rules: South Pacific, Without a Trace, Crash, Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Gauntlet, Hot in Cleveland, Eli Stone, The Unit, Camera Obscura, Finish Line, The Deep End, Key & Peele, and Love Bites.
David Czarra Giuntoli
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
He was raised in the Huntleigh suburb of St Louis, Missouri, United States.
- Home Town – St Louis
- From 2006-2011, David lived in Los Angeles, California, to study acting and honed his skills through a string of guest appearances on various TV shows.
- In 2011, he relocated to Portland, Oregon to play the lead in the supernatural drama, Grimm.
- He later started living in Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States.
David graduated from St Louis University High School in 1998.
He acquired a Bachelor’s degree in International Business and Finance from Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana in 2002.
Actor, Producer, Writer, Director, Voice Actor
- Father – David A. Giuntoli Sr.
- Mother – Mary
- Siblings – Three sisters (Anne, Beth, and one more)
- Others – Melissa (Stepmother), William Dominic Giuntoli (Paternal Grandfather), Elena Bruna Giuntoli (Paternal Grandmother), Alvin John Czarra (Maternal Grandfather), Frances Marian Eckert (Maternal Grandmother)
His career has been repped by these agencies –
- William Morris Endeavor (WME) Entertainment, Beverly Hills, California (Agent)
- Laura Berwick, Berwick & Kovacik, Los Angeles, California (Manager)
- Jennifer Allen, Viewpoint, Beverly Hills, California (Publicist)
His net worth has been $3 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
David has dated –
- Mary Beth Decker (2002) – RUMOR has it that David hooked up with his Road Rules castmate Mary during the filming of the reality show in 2002, but there is no confirmation of their involvement.
- Cara Zavaleta (2003–2004) – David shared great chemistry with the model, Cara Zavaleta on Road Rules: South Pacific in 2003. They were on the same team in the subsequent version of the reality series Real World / Road Rules Challenge: The Gauntlet and won $25,555 each. They even lived together briefly in Chicago. Cara encouraged Dave to pursue his passion for acting. He moved to Los Angeles to study acting seriously for two years and pay his way through it with odd jobs. The distance was probably the main reason why the two drifted apart.
- Elizabeth Tulloch (2014–Present) – David managed to keep his successive relationships a secret. After he was cast as the lead of Grimm in 2011, the entire cast of the show got very close to each other since they were shooting in an unfamiliar location, i.e. Portland, and only knew each other. Elizabeth played his love interest in the series and considering the amount of time they were spending together on the sets, it was not surprising that the two got into a relationship. They also played each other’s love interest in the movie Caroline and Jackie (2012) filmed prior to Grimm directed by Elizabeth’s ex-boyfriend. Towards the end of 2014, they made their relationship public and in July 2016, they announced their engagement. The duo got married in June 2017 and was blessed with their first child, a daughter named Vivian Giuntoli, in February 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Italian lineage on his father’s side while German & Polish ancestry on his mother’s side.
- Broad Face
- Subtle cleft chin
- Deep-set eyes with thick brows
9.5 (US) or 9 (UK)
- Audi Beaverton – Purchased a new Audi in April 2017 and enthusiastically promoted it on his social media accounts. His Audi post was also shared by the dealership on its official Instagram page.
- Toyota Sequoia – Promoted the cash-back offer on this brand alongside sharing the news of his CBS Mission Control.
- Danner Boots – Endorsed these shoes on Twitter since they are a part of his personal style statement.
- Dodge Charger – David is featured in the opening frame of the Dodge Charger commercial, with the punch line Man’s Last Stand. It was aired during the break of Super Bowl 44 in 2010.
Best Known For
Playing Homicide Detective, Nick Burkhardt of the Portland Police Department who is gifted with the insight and abilities to fight dangerous supernatural creatures in and as Grimm
A minor role of a character named James in Weather Girl (2009) that had Tricia O’Kelley and Patrick J. Adams in the lead role.
First TV Show
In 2003, David was selected as a regular cast member for the 12th season of the MTV reality show Road Rules: South Pacific.
- Dave claims to be an absolute foodie who lacks the discipline for a timely bedtime routine for rest and recovery. His insanely long working hours on Grimm did make him cut back on alcohol.
- After the first two seasons of Grimm, he was required to train hard, particularly during the off-season, and get well-conditioned to cope with the demands of action sequences in the following seasons.
- However, he openly gave due credit to his stunt double towards the end of the series, Grimm, acknowledging that he keeps himself presentably fit, but does not possess extraordinary physical skills.
David Giuntoli Favorite Things
- TV Show – Downton Abbey (2010-2015)
- Oscar-Nominated Movie – Lincoln (2012)
- Acting Crush – Mark Rylance
- Sports – Basketball, Baseball
- Team – Portland Trail Blazers
- Coffee – Stumptown Coffee
- Advantage of living in Portland – No Sales Tax
- Color – Navy Blue
- Childhood Story – Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
- Horror Movie – The Shining (1980)
- Hobbies – Watching live music performances, reading, cycling
- Shoes – Danner Boots
Source – US Magazine, JustJared, Backstage.com, Glamour, OregonLive.com, Twitter.com
David Giuntoli Facts
- As a child, David was very fond of watching horror movies. He often jokes that he would have been 5 inches taller had he not scared himself watching The Shining (1980) and The Exorcist (1973) at an impressionable age.
- He did not participate in high school productions, but took Improv classes in school and after college at iO Theatre in Chicago.
- He was completely confused about his career path after high school and studied for a business degree only because his father suggested so.
- Dave does not like reality shows even though, he owes his career kick-start to one. He revealed that the MTV reality show did not help his acting career but he did manage to pay off his college debt with the money he made through the show.
- Dave suffers from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and was dependent upon the drug called Ritalin to get through college. He eventually weaned himself off drugs once he discovered their long-term side effects.
- He booked his first two TV appearances in Ghost Whisperer and Veronica Mars within the first week of being represented by an agent in LA.
- During downtime on the sets of Grimm, he tried to preoccupy his restless brain with the game Angry Birds. When that did not work, one of his sisters got him a subscription to the weekly magazine, The New Yorker to keep his mind busy.
- David hates Astrology but he is fascinated by Astronomy.
- He is completely deaf in his left ear.
- He auditioned for the lead in Man of Steel but lost the part to Henry Cavill because he wasn’t tall enough for the majestic character.
- In 2016, he co-wrote, produced, and acted in an independent film project called Buddymoon with his friend Flula Borg. It won the audience award for best narrative feature at two different film festivals.
- He is a self-proclaimed feminist but appreciates the old-school kind gesture by a woman to cook or clean for him.
- Dave cannot cook but after honing his palate by trying out a range of food in Portland, he claims to have turned into a food snob.
- He also thinks Portland is a college for adults. Dave participated in a naked bike ride with co-star Sasha Roiz in 2012 and the two go hiking and skiing together whenever they find the time.
- Dave purchased his character, Nick Burkhardt’s Land Cruiser as a souvenir from the show after filming for Grimm.
- He brought to life the character of Scott Wickland, DSS Agent in the 2016 biographical action-thriller film 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi (also known simply as 13 Hours).
- In 2018, he started playing the role of Eddie Saville (a musician, music teacher, and stay-at-home dad who is a recovering alcoholic having marital problems with Katherine) in the family drama television series A Million Little Things. His co-stars for the project included Grace Park, Romany Malco, Christina Moses, Allison Miller, James Roday Rodriguez, Stéphanie Szostak, Tristan Byon, and Lizzy Greene.
- His most memorable fan moment was when a stranger bypassed the security to make it to his 9th-floor apartment only to slide a piece of paper under his main door with the words ‘Big Fan,’ on it. Dave found himself both flattered and terrified by it.
- He provided vocals to the character of Bruce Wayne/Batman in the 2021 animated superhero film Batman: Soul of the Dragon, the 40th film of the DC Universe Animated Original Movies.