Patrick Johannes Adams
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Los Angeles, California, United States
Patrick graduated from Northern Secondary School in Toronto, Canada.
Thereafter, he graduated from the University of Southern California in Los Angeles with a Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts in 2004.
Actor, Photographer, Director
- Father – Claude Adams
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Meredith Adams (Sister)
- Others – Fisher (Nephew)
United Talent Agency (via Deadline)
6 ft or 183 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Patrick J. Adams dated –
- Troian Bellisario (2009; 2010-Present) – Patrick’s parent’s divorce made him rather distrustful of committed relationships until he met Troian when he was cast opposite her in the play, Equivocation (2009). The couple could not keep up with each other’s busy schedules and soon broke up. However, Patrick booked a guest appearance in season 1 of Pretty Little Liars to win Troian back in 2010. Despite rumored bumps in their relationship, the couple finally got married on December 10, 2016 in Santa Barbara, California with a bohemian, rustic-chic themed ceremony.
Race / Ethnicity
Paternally, Patrick has German ancestry.
Eyes – His eye color is extremely rare
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 40 in or 102 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35.5 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
In 2015, he appeared in a commercial for the USA Unites Award and did another USA Network Promo for Suits sponsored by Lexus.
Best Known For
Playing Mike Ross in USA Network’s legal drama series Suits.
He was first seen in the short film For the Record in 2001 for his role as Patrick.
First TV Show
In 2004, Patrick guest appeared as Matt Kramer in The WB’s drama series Jack & Bobby.
Considering the fact that Patrick has to fly back and forth between Toronto (to shoot for Suits) and Los Angeles (where he resides), he has absolutely no time to hit the gym. All his spare time is invested in photography.
Being a good friend of Chris Pine, Patrick is also close to his trainer, Mark Wildman and follows Wildman’s approach to fitness which incorporates Kettlebell and primal training movements as opposed to conventional bodybuilding.
Whenever Patrick’s routine is free of a typical 14 hour a day acting schedule, he trains at home with his 7 set of kettlebells of varying weights.
Being naturally lean, Patrick does not have to radically alter his diet to stay fit. Patrick goes out surfing every time he visits his sister in Canada and enjoys hiking with his nephew and sister when they visit him in LA.
Patrick J. Adams Favorite Things
- Vacation Destination – New Zealand
- City – Berlin
- Weekend Getaway – Death Valley (Eastern California), Santa Barbara, San Francisco
- Favorite Place to Visit – Haida Gwaii, British Columbia, Canada
- Activity – Photography, Travel
- Camera & Film Combination – Polaroid Land Camera with black and white film
- Camera – A 60’s Tele Rolleiflex
- TV Show – Game of Thrones
- Meal – Sunday Brunch at Boehmer in Toronto, Canada
- Software – Adobe Photoshop Lightroom
Source – Harper’s Bazaar, EW, Chicago Tribune
Patrick J. Adams Facts
- His parents divorced when he was 16, which influenced his decision to relocate to Los Angeles 2 years later and enroll in the University of Southern California.
- He was a huge Michael J. Fox fan while growing up which eventually made him realize that he also wanted to pursue acting.
- While in college, Patrick joined the student-run theater group on campus and found his comfort zone.
- Patrick attends the Ojai Playwrights Conference annually to participate in new work created by established or upcoming playwrights.
- Playing Mike Ross in Suits is particularly amusing for Patrick’s mom since growing up he often told her that she will never see him do a job where he is required to dress up in a suit.
- His first play as a professional was The Goat, or Who is Sylvia? in March 2005 at the Mark Taper Forum in Los Angeles.
- He seriously considered quitting the acting industry after he was fired from NBC’s Friends with Benefits which happened right before he landed the co-lead role in Suits.
- He is an avid photographer and owns about 60 cameras.
- He also loves to play the guitar.
- From season 1-4, Patrick took so many professional quality behind-the-scenes photos on the sets of Suits that the network decided to hold a gallery exhibit of his work in January 2015.
- He owns a dog named Charlie who accompanies him everywhere he goes including the set of Suits.
- In December 2016, during the marriage, Patrick personally drove all the guests to the wedding venue in a refurbished 1982 Bluebird school bus that he owns.
- Check out his photography work on his official site halfadams.com.
- Follow Patrick on Instagram, Tumblr, and Twitter.