|Mike McCarthy Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||November 10, 1963|
Mike McCarthy is an American football coach who has served as the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys of the National Football League.
Michael John McCarthy
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Mike McCarthy studied at St. Rosalia primary school and played basketball. He also attended Bishop Boyle High School.
After that, he got enrolled at Scottsdale Community College in Arizona in 1984 and played one season for the Fighting Artichokes football team. He then transferred to Baker University in Baldwin City, Kansas. During his time there, he was a two-time all-conference tight end as well as captained the team that finished the season as the national runner-up in NAIA Division II in 1986. He graduated with a B.S. degree in business administration in 1987.
He also earned a M.S. degree in Sports Administration from Fort Hays State University (FHSU) in 1989.
- Father – Joe McCarthy (Firefighter for the Pittsburgh Fire Bureau, Officer for the Pittsburgh Police, Owner of a bar called Joe McCarthy’s Bar and Grill)
- Mother – Ellen McCarthy (A secretary who also worked in restaurants and for the Peace & Justice Center)
- Siblings – Colleen (Sister), Ellen (Sister), Kellie (Sister), Joseph McCarthy III (Younger Brother) (d. 2015)
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, he has a net worth of $9 Million as of 2023.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
98 kg or 216 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mike McCarthy has dated –
- Christine McCarthy – He was married to his high school sweetheart Christine McCarthy but the duo amicably divorced in 1995. They parent a daughter named Alexandra.
- Jessica McCarthy – Mike McCarthy married his 2nd wife Jessica McCarthy on March 15, 2008, and they have 2 daughters, named Gabrielle and Isabella, together.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
Mike McCarthy Facts
- Growing up, his Sundays were spent cleaning his father Joe McCarthy’s Bar and Grill before church.
- He grew up as a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Mike McCarthy was appointed as a defensive graduate assistant (GA) at Fort Hays State University in Kansas in 1987.
- He became quarterbacks coach for the Kansas City Chiefs in 1995.
- He was appointed as the offensive coordinator for the New Orleans Saints in 2000 and the team went on to achieve a 10–6 regular season record that year as well as won its first playoff game in the franchise’s history and finished 10th overall in offense.
- McCarthy was named National Football Conference (NFC) Assistant Coach of the Year by USA Today in 2000.
- He was voted the Motorola NFL Coach of the Year in 2007.
- He was appointed as the head coach of Green Bay Packers in 2006 and later signed a five-year contract extension with the team on January 19, 2008.
- It was announced on January 2, 2018, that Mike McCarthy had signed a one-year contract extension with the Green Bay Packers. He was released by the team on December 2, 2018, after a 20–17 loss to the Arizona Cardinals.
- He was named as the new head coach for Dallas Cowboys on January 7, 2020.
- Along with his wife Jessica, he has been involved in many philanthropic endeavors and they were involved with the Seven Loaves Project in Rwanda. The couple founded a charitable nonprofit organization named McCarthy Family Foundation and it has donated frequently to the American Family Children’s Hospital in Madison, Wisconsin. Moreover, the foundation has also donated $100,000 (which the Green Bay Packers matched) to the Green Bay Police Foundation.
- McCarthy was accused of berating three high school basketball referees after his stepson’s playoff game on February 26, 2019, and he reportedly went on a “verbal tirade” while following the officials to their locker room. The following day, he apologized to the school’s athletic department.
Featured Image by Gingersnap6288 / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0 DEED