|Mike Perry Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||September 15, 1991|
Mike Perry is an American professional mixed martial artist who began competing in the welterweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), in 2016. As of April 2021, he had won 4 UFC Bonus Awards – ‘Performance of the Night’ (twice) and ‘Fight of the Night’ (twice). He had started his professional career in September 2014 and has represented teams such as Jackson-Wink MMA. He holds a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
Michael Joseph Perry
Flint, Genesee County, Michigan, United States
Orlando, Orange County, Florida, United States
Mike had attended several different schools in the states of Michigan and Florida.
Professional Mixed Martial Artist
- Mother – Sabra Young
- Siblings – He has 2 sisters and a brother.
- Lightweight (2014–2015)
- Welterweight (2015–Present)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mike has dated –
- Danielle Nickerson (2014–2020) – Mike had started dating professional tennis player Danielle Nickerson in 2014 and the couple got married in 2019. They had parted ways in early 2020. In an October 2020 interview, Danielle had leveled serious allegations of physical assault against Mike and had described multiple incidents of verbal and physical abuse. She had also revealed that the situation was so horrible that she had to file for a restraining order against him, immediately after their split. Mike had refuted the allegations and no charges were filed against him in the immediate aftermath of her explosive revelations.
- Latory Gonzalez (2020-Present) – Mike began dating wrestler and martial artist Latory Gonzalez soon after breaking up with Danielle. They have a son together named Ocean Michael Perry (b. January 6, 2021).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped, wavy hair
- Sports a thick beard
- Has elaborate tattoos on his left forearm, right arm, upper left chest, and lower abdomen
- Has the words ‘God’s Gift’ tattooed on his midriff
Mike Perry Facts
- He had once revealed in an interview that he had faced bullying at a Michigan school as he was one of the few white students there. This had led him to take to drugs as a teenager. He was even arrested for burglary once.
- On New Years’ Eve 2016, he was involved in a brawl in Orlando, Florida. A stranger was trying to approach his then-girlfriend Danielle Nickerson and he had knocked the man unconscious with a left hook.
- In July 2020, he was apprehended by local police in Lubbock, Texas, after he was involved in a restaurant brawl where 3 people were allegedly assaulted. Some part of the incident was filmed and it showed that Mike had punched an elderly man who had to be hospitalized. He was also allegedly involved in an altercation with a woman and a restaurant staffer there. He had defended his actions as ‘self-defense’ after he had been charged with assault and battery.
- Mike has often been heavily criticized by fans and fellow mixed martial artists for using homophobic and racist slurs. In February 2021, he had posted an apology on social media vowing not to repeat his behavior.
Featured Image by Mike Perry / Instagram