|Mike Shinoda Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||February 11, 1977|
Mike Shinoda is an American musician, singer, rapper, and record producer who co-founded the vastly popular American rock band Linkin Park in 1996. Mike has been involved in various other artistic facets like graphic designing and on-stage production art. His talent has garnered him a huge fanbase all over the world with more than 1 million followers on both Instagram and Twitter.
Michael Kenji Shinoda
Mikey, Spike Minoda, Shinnizle, Mike the spike, Shinizzle
Agoura Hills, California, U.S.
Beverly Hills, California, U.S.
He went to the Agoura High School and later went to Art Center College of Design of Pasadena to study graphic design and illustration from where he graduated in 1998.
Musician, Singer, Songwriter, Rapper, Record producer, Graphic designer
- Father – Muto Shinoda
- Mother – Donna Shinoda
- Siblings – Jason Shinoda (Younger Brother)
- Others – Kuzo Shinoda (Paternal Grandfather), Sayo S. Shinoda (Paternal Grandmother), Troy Edgar Lovejoy (Maternal Grandfather), Lydia Marie Linville (Maternal Grandmother)
Mike is managed by The Collective.
Alternative rock, Hip hop, Electronic, Heavy metal
Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Keyboards, Synthesizer
- Machine Shop Records
- Warner Bros. Records
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mike has dated –
- Anna Hillinger (2000-Present) – Anna, a children’s book writer, started dating Mike in 2000 and then they finally got married in 2003 after dating for almost 3 years. They have since been together and have two children.
Race / Ethnicity
Mike has Japanese roots on his father’s side and German-English roots on his mother’s side.
- Broad smile
- Creative graphic artwork
Mike hasn’t endorsed any of the brands yet.
Best Known For
- Being the rhythm guitarist, primary songwriter, keyboardist, producer, and vocalist of the American rock band, Linkin Park. He is also credited for co-founding the band, Linkin Park.
- Creating the American hip-hop side project, Fort Minor, in 2004
- Mike released his debut album, Hybrid Theory, with his band, Linkin Park, on October 24, 2000. The album was certified diamond by the RIAA for its record sales in the United States.
- His debut solo studio album, Post Traumatic, was released on June 25, 2018, which focuses on his feeling after the death of his friend and one of the Linkin Park members, Chester Bennington.
First TV Show
Mike’s debut TV appearance was made in 2000, on the show Live! At the Fillmore with other Linkin Park bandmates.
Mike Shinoda Facts
- He is inspired by the likes of Nine Inch Nails, Deftones, The Roots, Led Zeppelin, Run–D.M.C., The Beatles, Rage Against the Machine, Purity Ring, and Arctic Monkeys.
- Shinoda is also a graphic designer and has designed all the Linkin Park artwork, band merchandise, web design, etc., and some of his creations have been featured in the Japanese American National Museum.
- He faced a certain identity crisis relating to his Japanese-American heritage when he was in college.
- Mike started learning piano at the age of 6 after he was encouraged by his mother.
- Two of his Linkin Park bandmates Brad Delson and Rob Bourdon were also his schoolmates.
- Mike met Joseph Hahn, DJ and turntablist of Linkin Park, at the Art Center College of Design.
- His father was forced to live in a Japanese-American Internment Camp during World War II.
- Shinoda also takes interest in politics and has written for The Big Issue, a street newspaper in the UK and has also served as their U.S. election correspondent.
- He is also associated with the charity, Music For Relief, with his fellow Linkin Park members.
- Visit his official website @ mikeshinoda.com.
- Follow Mike on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Marc Blair / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0