|Mikey Way Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||September 10, 1980|
Mikey Way is an American singer and actor. He is better known for being the bassist for the rock band My Chemical Romance. He has also served as a multi-instrumentalist and backing vocalist for the rock duo Electric Century. Mikey has released popular songs such as Headfirst for Halos, The Only Hope for Me Is You, The Kids from Yesterday, and Desolation Row. He is active on Instagram with more than 800k followers.
Michael James Way
Newark, New Jersey, United States
Newark, New Jersey, United States
Mikey attended Belleville High School in New Jersey
Singer, Actor, Musician
- Father – Donald Way
- Mother – Donna Lee
- Siblings – Gerard Way (Older Brother) (Musician)
- Others – Elena Rush (Grandmother), Joe Rogan (Cousin) (Comedian, TV Personality)
Mikey is represented by Warner Bros Records.
Alternative Rock, Emo, Pop-Punk, Post-Hardcore, Punk Rock, Electropop
Vocals, Bass Guitar, Keyboards, Guitar
- Reprise Records
- Warner Bros
- Eyeball Records
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mikey Way has dated –
- Alicia Simons (2007-2013) – On March 7, 2007, Alicia and Mikey got married after My Chemical Romance‘s gig in Los Angeles. Alicia is a guitar tech and merchandise seller. They also got matching tattoos which were a heart-shaped jar with flames emitting from it; across the jar read “FOREVER”. They moved to Los Angeles and settled there. A rumor was spread that Mike was dating Kristin Colby and was cheating on Alicia. They separated on February 7, 2014. He allegedly started doing drugs again after that.
- Kristin Colby – On April 13, 2014, Instagram star Kristin Colby posted a picture with Mikey on Instagram and Mikey posted a few pictures of them together on Twitter. His fans were happy with this relationship. On March 27, 2015, Mikey Way proposed to Kristin in Disneyland. The exact date of their marriage is not disclosed but they got married at some point in early 2016, sometime between January and March. On October 20, 2016, Mikey and Kristin confirmed on Twitter that the couple was expecting their first child, a girl, by posting a picture of a pair of pink shoes between their feet with a caption that said: “can’t wait to meet you!” On May 3, 2017, their daughter Rowan Louise Way was born. They announced that they were expecting a 2nd daughter on December 13, 2018, and Kennedy James Way’s birth was announced via Instagram on June 7, 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Scottish ancestry on his father’s side and Italian ancestry on his mother’s side.
Best Known For
- Being the bassist for My Chemical Romance
- Forming a duo with Sleep Station vocalist David Debiak called Electric Century
As a member of the band My Chemical Romance, Mikey released his first album titled I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love in 2002.
First TV Show
He made his TV show debut as “Himself” on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno in March 2007.
Mikey Way Favorite Things
- Food – Sushi
- Beverage – Coffee
- Band – Anthrax
- Movie Genre – Horror
Source – ImNotOkay.net, IMDb
Mikey Way Facts
- In the past, Mikey has worked at Barnes and Noble. He used to stack records there.
- He first had a failed attempt at Eyeball Records before starting his musical career.
- His first-ever concert was a Smashing Pumpkins concert. After seeing them perform, he told his brother “we have to do this.”
- He was asked to join My Chemical Romance in 2001 and within a week, his bass skills were improved.
- He has toured with the band From First To Last.
- My Chemical Romance was named after reading the book Ecstasy: Three Tales of Chemical Romance.
- His first album was released by Eyeball Records.
- The band, My Chemical Romance broke up on March 22, 2013. For over a year, Mikey wasn’t in a band until again, in 2014, he formed Electric Century with Sleep Station vocalist David Debiak. Their style was compared to that of the band Twentyone Pilots.
- In November 2014, he claimed he was flying to East Coast to complete one of his Electric Century albums but instead went to rehab.
- Gerard his brother, and Mikey were both in the same band My Chemical Romance.
- His inspiration to make music comes from Iron Maiden’s Live After Death.
- To mask his stage fright, in the initial years, Mikey often used to be heavily drunk during performances.
- While the writing and recording of The Black Parade at the allegedly haunted Paramour Mansion, his alcoholism led him to paranoia and depression due to the atmosphere in the mansion. He was very deeply affected by that incident which almost drove him to suicide. He then went to get psychological help and stayed with close friend and band lawyer Stacy Fass, who he said “saved his life”
- Mikey was replaced by Matt Cortez as a bassist after he was newly married to Alicia in April 2007 and returned to the line up later that year.
- In 2019, Mikey wrote an eight-page story which appeared on DC Comics’ special “Halloween ’08” book.
- He had heavy nearsightedness issues and wore giant glasses but he got surgery in May 2006.
- He loves art and craft.
- Mikey has started a project with his My Chemical Romance band member Shaun Simon called MidtownComics.
- He hates eggs and thinks they’re disgusting.
- Few of his favourite bands are Blur, Oasis, Pulp, Suede, The Charlatans, The La’s, The Smiths, and The Cure.
- He is fascinated by the movie Lord of The Rings.
- His grandmother Elena, bought him his first tour van.
- Mikey hates small spaces and shopping for groceries.
- He has 2 dogs named Piglet Tree Way and Puddles Way, and 2 cats named Bunny Marie Way and Snowball Way.
- He is active on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Mikey Way / Instagram