Millie Mackintosh is one of the rare beauties who look stunning and have a cheerful personality. If you have always been fascinated by how she looks so great, then the secrets spilled by her trainer Olivia Cooney might be a good read. Here Cooney has also shared a few workout and diet secrets that might help you to stay fit like Millie. Have a look.
How to Get in Shape Fast?
If you are just starting your fitness journey or are coming back to it after having a baby or getting injured for a while, then you should do effective exercises at your own pace. The best exercise option these days is high-intensity interval training as it helps people at all fitness levels to enhance their health. It’s a fast-paced training method that can burn loads of calories in a short amount of time. So, you spare yourself from spending hours in the gym. You can do this timed workout at your own pace but don’t forget to ensure that it challenges you. The more intense your HIIT training is, the better would be the results.
The exact exercises that can help you are
- doing jumping jacks for 20 seconds,
- 3 rounds of high knees,
- 3 rounds of squats, and
- 3 rounds of crunches before starting again with jumping jacks.
Just be sure to have a 10-second rest period in between each exercise.
If you are looking for a simpler option, you can opt for walking. It’s a great form of exercise that can be done by anyone. The longer you walk and the more effort you put into it, the higher would be the number of calories burned.
In case you aren’t physically active, you should start with three 10 minutes of walking sessions in a day and increase the pace gradually until you can walk at a brisk pace for a minimum of 30 minutes without going uncomfortably short of breath.
For a moderately active person, walking 3 to 4 miles on a daily basis will burn about 400 calories.
Exercises Done by Celebs
Sharing the exercises done by celebs, Olivia has stated that she uses the nature [Earth] for the physical activities which include hikes, boot camps, exhilarating runs and lunchtime abs blast. Each session is designed differently, and there is an alteration between classic body weight and cardio exercises by making use of the equipment like Kettlebells, TRX, medicine balls and battle ropes.
Boxercise is the favorite among most clients as mixing things up is a great way of keeping focused and motivated on any fitness journey. Try a range of workouts that interest you. It can be anything from barre to boxing and CrossFit to run club, yoga to boot camp.
You can even take a complimentary trial at a fitness concept studio near your home and find out which exercises ignite the fitness fire in you. You should realize that the only sort of workouts you will be able to do in the long run are the workouts you love to do.
Workout Friendly Food
Have pre-cooked beetroot as it has an extraordinary mix of nutrients, antioxidants, and many other beneficial plant compounds. It can boost your recovery and performance along with delivering potentially important benefits regarding cardiovascular health.
You can add pre-cooked beetroot to energy boosting snacks like fritters, falafels, frittatas and energy balls. There are many options in buying beetroot.
You can buy beetroots infused with flavors like honey, chili, berry, juniper, and ginger.
When you work so hard towards fitness, you have the right to reward your body with foods you love. If you have worked hard towards fitness and lived a healthy lifestyle throughout the week, then you should not hesitate to enjoy a glass of champagne on the weekend.
Never completely cut out the foods you enjoy, be it pizza, champagne or chocolate. Eating them once in a while will motivate you to do better in your fitness journey. If you are feeling guilty of that glass of champagne you had, you can always balance it out with some healthy foods.
Tips for New Runners
- You should always find a comfortable pace that you can keep up throughout the run. Don’t sprint first and then go extremely slowly.
- If you run regularly, you should have good amounts of carbs and protein before and after the run.
- Invest in good running gear, especially the right footwear that can support your runs. If you can’t find the right footwear, seek the assistance of an expert.
- Always listen to your body if you want to know your limits. Don’t let an app decide when you are tired or when you are not.
- Do not over train and punish your body. If you want to work out on recovery days, opt for gentler workouts like squats, planks and stretching as they will benefit your running regimen.
- Appreciate yourself for running even a mile in the initial days and take rest whenever you need. Do not be too self-criticizing. Self-appreciation would help in motivating you.