|Mini Andén Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||June 7, 1978|
Mini Andén is a Swedish model, actress, TV host, and producer. She began her career as a model when she was just 10 years old and has become an internationally acclaimed model. Mini has been a part of various magazine editorials, high fashion print campaigns, and TV commercials. She has also been a Victoria’s Secret model and has also starred in movies like Ocean’s Twelve (2004), My Best Friend’s Girl (2008), and The Mechanic (2011).
Susanna Clara Elisabeth Andén
Mini Andén resides in Los Angeles, California, USA and frequently visits New York City for work.
After finishing school, at the age of 19, Mini moved to Paris, France for a year to pursue modeling full time. Thereafter, she relocated to New York City which is where her career really took off and helped her clinch her supermodel status.
Model, Actress, TV Host, Producer
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – A Teacher
- Siblings – Unknown
She is signed with these agencies –
- Jackson-Medavoy Entertainment
- Don Buchwald and Associates
- Fortitude Talent Agency
- DNA Model Management – New York
- Elite Model Management – New York
- Models 1 – London
- Marilyn Agency – Paris
- MIKAs – Stockholm
- D’Management Group – Milan
- Model Management – Hamberg
- Traffic Models – Barcelona
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mini has dated –
- Taber Shroeder (2001-Present) – Taber is a former male model and actor turned designer who met Mini during a shoot for Arena Hommes Plus in Sweden. Although they shared a mutual attraction, both of them were dating other people at that time. A year and a half later, they met again while shooting for Italian Vogue in NYC. Taber promptly gave Mini his number and Mini called him back but the person who answered the phone never passed on the message. Fate aligned their paths again two weeks later when both of them were booked for a DKNY photo shoot. From there on, the two were inseparable. Since the couple has an erratic work schedule, they made a pact to never stay apart for longer than two weeks. Taber and Mini got married in August 2001 on a friend’s property in upstate New York. 150 guests were in attendance to witness an outdoor ceremony with an Indian theme. Mini designed her own wedding dress which was made of white cotton. The couple has one son together named Felix Schroeder (born May 2013).
Race / Ethnicity
Mini has Swedish ancestry.
- Freckled face
- Long, lean-limbed body
- Sharp and symmetrical facial features
32-24.5-36.5 in or 81-62-93 cm
4 (US) or 8 (UK) or 36 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 6 (UK) or 39 (EU)
In her long career that spans over multiple decades, Mini has been a part of advertisements and commercial campaigns of countless brands which include –
Banana Republic (2014, 2009), Biotherm (2015, 2014, 2013), Cubus (2008), Donna Karan (2000), Giorgio Armani (2008), Hermès (2007), Jones New York (2012), Marks & Spencer (2017), Moet & Chandon (2009), Montblanc (2014, 2013, 2012), Patek Philippe (2010, 2009), Piaget (2008), Polo Ralph Lauren (2017), Rolex (2010), Talbots (2016), The Limited (2007), Various Campaigns (2015, 2012, 2010)
She has also endorsed –
A Testoni, Ann Taylor, Ann Taylor Loft, Armani ‘Code’ fragrance, Basler, BCBG, Bloomingdale’s, Burberry, Breil, Calvin Klein jeans, Celine ‘Fever’ fragrance, Chloé, Clairol, Coast, Dessange, DKNY, DTC Trilogy, Ellen Tracy, Emanuel Ungaro, Emporio Armani, Epoca, Esprit, Express, Façonnable, GAP, Gucci, H&M, Hugo Boss Sport, Hugo Boss ‘Sport’ and ‘Woman’ fragrances, Lindex, Lola, Lord and Taylor, Louis Vuitton, Liz Claiborne, Mango, Massimo Dutti, Moschino, Mossimo, Orwell, Rena Lange, Rolex Oyster, Samsung, Schwarzkopf, Sisley, St. Emile, Tommy Hilfiger, Toni Gard, Throttleman, Vestimenta, Victoria’s Secret, Vitamina, Antonio Banderas perfume, Power of Seduction.
Best Known For
- Being an internationally acclaimed supermodel as she travels worldwide to shoot magazine editorials, high fashion print campaigns, and TV commercials
- Being a former Victoria’s Secret model
- Her most high profile Hollywood project which was the action thriller, The Mechanic (2011), in which she played the role of Sarah opposite Jason Statham and Ben Foster
Mini made her theatrical film debut as a supermodel in the comedy heist movie, Ocean’s Twelve (2004).
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as the host of the reality series, Trend Watch in 2003.
- The model admitted in an interview that she has always been very thin and hence never felt the need to follow any specific diet. She believes in eating everything in moderation.
- However, the pressure to stay in a consistent dress size in the fashion industry is immense.
- With the motive to stay strong, lean, and toned, Mini has been taking personal training sessions with the celebrity trainer, Viveca Jensen.
- In 2009-2010, Viveca combined Pilates, boxing, and dance to invent an original form of exercise class called Piloxing and Mini Andén swears by the potency of this method.
- Viveca conducts Piloxing at three levels of intensity namely –
- The Original Piloxing Program (a non-stop cardio fusion)
- Piloxing Barre (a low impact class that focuses on full body awareness)
- Piloxing Knockout (a high-intensity 45-minute class that involves plyometric movements and challenges the core for the entire duration, building functional strength)
- Mini Andén attended Pilates sessions with Viveca throughout her pregnancy and resumed private classes 3 times a week, 6 weeks postpartum.
- More than cardio, Mini’s primary focus is building strength and toning. Hence, Viveca usually trains her on the standard Pilates apparatus such as the reformer, Pilates chair, barrel, the tower and the Cadillac.
- Outside this equipment, Viveca incorporates balance training for Mini using the Bosu ball and TRX suspension trainer.
- Her trainer also prescribes body weight strength exercises done in a quick circuit whenever Mini finds herself with spare time while traveling.
Mini Andén Favorite Things
- Gift – A Cross from her husband
- Shop – Fred Segal in LA
- Fashion Designers – Helmut Lang and Chloe
- Guilty Pleasure – Chocolate, Watching reality shows
- Daily Wear – Jeans, T-shirts made of soft material, Sneakers
- Activity To Unwind – Go to the dog run with her dogs
- Accessory – Antique jewelry, Punkwear
- Vacation Spot With Natural Beauty – Lake Powell in Arizona
- Skin Products – Lait Corporel, Huile Elixir Oil Therapy
Source – NY Post, Maxim, Sue Loves NYC
Mini Andén Facts
- She started her career at the age of 10 and was signed to an International agency called Elite Model Management at the age of 15.
- Her parents could not agree on a name for her for a long time. They eventually agreed on Susanna. Meanwhile, her mother would often address her as Mini, which stuck.
- Despite a happening life that involved traveling all over the world, the model proudly claims that she has never had a one night stand.
- Mini wears her grandmother’s cross around her neck and also has the same thing tattooed on her forearm. At the age of 20, she got little fairies tattooed on her buttocks while living in New York City.
- Back home in Stockholm, Mini was an avid ice skater and took training in that sport from the age of 5 to 18.
- The romantic drama Point & Shoot (2004) was Mini’s first film project.
- During her long career, Mini has graced multiple covers of most popular and high fashion magazines in the world such as Elle, Vogue, Arena, Cosmopolitan, and Harper’s Bazaar.
- She is a dog lover and owns 7 or more dogs as pets.
- Mini dressed up as Cersei, the famous Game of Thrones character, as she looked in the Walk of Shame scene in GoT Season 5, for Halloween 2017.
- She was one of the esteemed judges at Miss Universe 2001.
- She was also the host of Scandinavia’s Next Top Model (2005) for cycle 1 and 2.
- Mini gives credit to her agents Jan Stewart and Susanna Rönn, and photographers Peter Lindbergh and Mikael Jansson for their guidance which set her up for a glorious career.
- She regrets not buying an apartment in NYC and wasting money for years on rent.
- Mini considers her blue eyes as her best physical attribute.
- Visit her official website @ minianden.com.
- To find out more about the model turned actress, follow Mini on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Angela George / Flickr / CC BY-SA 3.0