|Mirai Nagasu Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||April 16, 1993|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Mirai Nagasu is an American figure skater who is best known for winning a bronze medal in the team event during the 2018 Olympic Games. She has also participated in several other tournaments such as the Four Continents Figure Skating Championships, Internationaux de France, Rostelecom Cup, Cup of China, Skate Canada International, Autumn Classic International, Ice Challenge, Finlandia Trophy, U.S. International Figure Skating Classic, and many more. Mirai has also been a part of a variety of reality TV shows such as Dancing with the Stars and Celebrity Big Brother.
Mirai Aileen Nagasu
Her first name Mirai means “future” in Japanese.
Montebello, Los Angeles County, California, USA
In the spring of 2007, she graduated from Foothills Middle School in Arcadia, California and subsequently enrolled herself into Arcadia High School in the same area. In 2009, she also took an online high school.
Finally, in June 2011, she graduated from Capistrano Connections Academy.
She also went to the University of California, Irvine. In 2015, she started studying at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs. In December 2020, she graduated from there with a degree in business administration.
- Father – Kiyoto Nagasu
- Mother – Ikuko Nagasu
- Siblings – None
She is signed to Yuki Saegusa of IMG.
Takashi Mura, Wendy Olson, Amy Evidente, Christa Fassi, Frank Carroll, Charlene Wong, Sandy Gollihugh (former)
Cindy Stuart, Adam Rippon, Lori Nichol, Susan Austin, Tom Dickson, Catarina Lindgren (former)
Jeffrey Buttle, David Wilson
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
52 kg or 115 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Her dating history is not known.
Race / Ethnicity
35-26-35 in or 89-66-89 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU) or 10 (UK)
Best Known For
Doing figure skating. She is well known in Japan.
In 2008, she appeared in a TV movie McDonald’s Family Tribute on Ice as herself.
Her workout routine and diet plan are not known. Though, she works with her coaches and choreographers listed above.
Mirai Nagasu Favorite Things
- Food – Any food, which is sweet and spicy
- TV Shows – Japanese shows, America’s Next Top Model, Project Runway, America’s Best Dance Crew (2008-2012)
- Color – Pink
- Drink – Calpico
- Movie – The Dark Knight (2008)
- Spin – Biellmann spin
- Books – Twilight (By Stephenie Meyer), My Personal Best (By John Wooden), Way of the Peaceful Warrior (By Dan Millman)
- Skater – Mao Asada, Michelle Kwan, Yu-Na Kim (Though, she likes something in almost every skater)
Source – Figureskatersonline.com
Mirai Nagasu Facts
- She was born in Montebello but raised in Arcadia, California. She grew up in her family’s Japanese sushi restaurant there.
- She started doing skating at the age of 5.
- In 2009, her mom was diagnosed with thyroid cancer.
- Mirai likes reading and hanging out with friends.
- She has a Chihuahua (world’s smallest) dog.
- Her skating career started at 5, when her parents took her to skating ring, instead of golfing due to rainy weather.
- If she weren’t into skating, she would have been into art, and design or as a food person sampling dishes.
- During the 2009 World Figure Skating Championship, she did commentary in Japanese over the television for Fuji TV.
- In her restaurant named “Kiyosuzu”, there is sushi named after her “Mirai Olympic Roll”.
- As a kid, she held dual citizenship of Japanese and American.
- She is the 2008 Junior World Bronze Medallist.
- Mirai’s parents are immigrants from Japan.
- She can speak Japanese as well as English.
- During the 2018 Winter Olympics team event, Mirai became the 3rd woman to land 8 triple jumps in the free skate.
Her father’s name is listed on google as Kiyoto Nagasu. Maria’s Wikipedia page says, that her father and mother own Restaurant Kiyosuzu, a Japanese sushi restaurant in Arcadia, California. Fact checking of public records should also confirm that he is her father.