|Miya George Quick Info
|5 ft 7 in
|Date of Birth
|January 28, 1992
Miya George is an Indian actress and model who came into prominence in 2012 after playing her first lead role in the Malayalam comedy movie Chettayees: Lovable Rascals as well as bagging the title of Kerala Miss Fitness, both in the same year. She has appeared in numerous other notable Malayalam films including Valleem Thetti Pulleem Thetti (2016) and several in other languages as well, like the Tamil feature Oru Naal Koothu (2016). Miya has also starred in various TV shows such as Kunjali Marakkar in the past. She has amassed more than 450k followers on Instagram.
Mehrauli, Delhi, India
She went to Sacred Heart Girls High School in Bharananganam and then to St. Mary’s Higher Secondary School in Bharananganam.
After that, she attended Alphonsa College in Palai from where she got her Bachelor of Arts degree and then she acquired her Masters in English Literature by getting enrolled in St. Thomas College in Palai.
- Father – George
- Mother – Mini
- Siblings – Gini (Older Sister)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Ashwin Philip (2020-Present) – On September 12, 2020, Miya tied the knot with businessman Ashwin Philip at St. Mary’s Basilica Church in Ernakulam. They have been blessed with a son named Luca Joseph Philip (b. July 2021).
Race / Ethnicity
- Large and expressive eyes
- Cheerful smile
- Thick eyebrows
She has appeared in the commercials for various brands such as MyG.
Miya George Favorite Things
- Food – Dishes prepared by her mother
- Attire – Casuals
- Pastime – Watching television
- Subject – Literature
Source – Behind Woods
Miya George Facts
- She was into dance and music as a kid and had taken music lessons for a couple of years. She never had plans to travel to tinsel town.
- When referring to her debut in the TV serial Alphonsamma, Miya has recalled that her acting stint had been totally accidental. The crew of the television show had come to her school at Bharananganam, in the search of a new face and it was Miya’s teachers who had suggested her name. She has realized she has been super lucky to have landed the coveted role when she had no expectations, had never gone for auditions, or made portfolios. She has concluded that becoming an actress was surely her destiny.
- George has confessed that winning the title of Kerala Miss Fitness 2012 had been sheer luck as she had done nothing to keep her body fit, be it working out or following a diet.
- Miya had changed her real name Gimi after her acting in Chettayees as people were pronouncing and also writing it in the wrong manner. Miya is the name of her character in Chettayees and it was the team who christened her Miya.
- George had been very happy to perform a classical dance at the AMMA show in Dubai in 2016. She was thrilled when dancer-actors Vineethettan and Lakshmi Gopalaswamy had come up to her and complimented her on her dance skills. She had trained in classical dance till she was in Class 10 and after her dance performance, had started longing to resume taking the lessons.
Featured Image by Miya George / Instagram