|Mj Rodriguez Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||January 7, 1991|
Mj Rodriguez came to limelight after she was cast as Blanca Rodriguez-Evangelista in the 2018 FX series, Pose. She has been one of the transgender actors starring in the show. After coming out as gay at the age of 14, Mj underwent gender replacement therapy in 2016. She has been a part of several TV shows and movies including Luke Cage (2016), Nurse Jackie (2012), and Saturday Church (2017).
Newark, New Jersey, U.S.
Rodriguez studied at Queen of Angels Catholic School. She also went to the New Jersey Performing Arts Center. Then, she graduated from Newark Arts High School and later got enrolled at Berklee College of Music.
Rodriguez is managed by Avalon Artist Group Agency.
20th Century Fox TV Records, 725568 Records DK, Lakeshore Records
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Hispanic & Black)
Mj is of African-American descent on her mother’s side and has Puerto-Rican roots on her father’s side.
Dark Brown (Natural)
Transgender (Male to Female)
Best Known For
- Appearing as Blanca Rodriguez-Evangelista in the 2018 drama series, Pose
- Having been cast as Angel in the Off-Broadway revival of Rent
As a Singer
Rodriguez started her professional singing career in 2017 by releasing singles like Wrong Side of Town and You’ll Be Missing Me.
Mj made her first theatrical film appearance as Ebony in the musical fantasy drama film, Saturday Church, in 2018.
First TV Show
Rodriguez made her first TV show appearance as Lonna in the medical-comedy drama series, Nurse Jackie, in 2012.
Mj Rodriguez Facts
- Mj had dreamed of becoming an actor since she was 7.
- She publicly came out as bisexual /gay at the age of 14 and became the part of the ballroom scene and learned vogue.
- In 2009, Rodriguez won Star-Ledger scholarship and Young Arts first level scholarship.
- Rodriguez’s first name Mj is inspired by the Marvel comics character, Mary Jane “MJ” Watson, as she is fond of comics.
- In 2012, Rodriguez decided to undergo transition and in early 2016, she underwent complete gender replacement therapy.
- Rodriguez’s first appearance as a transgender character and her role as ‘Sister Boy’ in Marvel Cinematic Universe’s web series, Luke Cage (2016), was praised by many.
- After her transition, Mj uploaded a video of herself singing the track, Satisfied, which is the single from the Broadway musical, Hamilton. She gained the deserved appreciation and was also invited for an audition for the role of Maria Reynolds in Hamilton from the famous directors Tesley + Company.
- She was nominated for Best Actress at the 2017 Tribeca Film Festival for her role in Saturday Church.
- Follow Mj Rodriguez on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Mj Rodriguez / Instagram