|Mone Inami Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||July 29, 1999|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Mone Inami is a Japanese professional golfer who had started competing in the LPGA (Ladies Professional Golf Association) of Japan Tour in 2019 after having turned professional in 2018. On the LPGA of Japan Tour, as of September 2021, she had won 8 titles – the 2019 Century 21 Ladies Golf Tournament, the 2020 Stanley Ladies Golf Tournament, the 2021 Meiji Yasuda Life Ladies Yokohama Tire Golf Tournament, the 2021 Yamaha Ladies Open Katsuragi, the 2021 Fujifilm Studio Alice Ladies Open, the 2021 Fujisankei Ladies Classic, the 2021 Chukyo TV Bridgestone Ladies Open, and the 2021 Nitori Ladies Golf Tournament. At the beginning of 2021, she was placed 63rd in the official world rankings. In August 2021, she had clinched the ‘Silver’ medal at the Tokyo Olympics in the women’s individual strokeplay event. She had become the first-ever Japanese golfer to win an Olympic medal. She had stood joint 6th in the overall standings after the 2nd round of the event and joint 3rd after the completion of the 3rd round. After the end of the 4th and final round, she was tied for the 2nd spot overall, with a score of 268 strokes (16 under par), with New Zealand’s former world number 1 Lydia Ko. Mone then won the ‘Silver’ medal by overcoming Lydia in a sudden-death playoff. This had also maintained her 100 percent record in playoffs.
Toshima City, Tokyo, Japan
Mone, after her high school graduation, had joined the Nihon Wellness Sports University in Ibaraki, Japan. As of September 2021, she was in the 4th year of her studies there.
- Father – Ryo Inami
- Mother – Naomi Inami
She is represented by Cross-Bee Sports Agency, Athlete Management Firm, Irvine, Orange County, California, United States.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Japanese descent.
- Toned physique
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Affable smile
- Gleaming face
She has been sponsored by –
- Tsuzuki Denki Co., Ltd.
- Nippon Life Insurance Company
- Pokka Sapporo Food & Beverage Ltd.
- Rakuten Group, Inc.
- New Balance Golf
- Bridgestone Corporation
Mone Inami Facts
- She was named Mone after the iconic French painter and the founder of impressionist painting, Claude Monet, by her mother.
- She had started getting trained in golf in her 4th year of elementary school upon the insistence of her father. Once she got a hang of the sport, she used to practice putting and fine-tuning her swing with a driver, in practice sessions that would start at 4 in the morning after which she would get ready to go to school.
- Her father’s friends would often advise him against pushing her daughter too hard but he would be adamant that his daughter was practicing and playing for the love of the game, not because he was forcing her to.
In 2019 she was honored with the ‘Rookie of the Year’ award by both the Japan Ladies Professional Golfers’ Association (JLPGA) and the Golf Tournament Promotion Association of Japan (GTPA).
- Her favorite hobby, especially while traveling to golf tournaments, is listening to music.
Featured Image by Mone Inami / Instagram