|Montell Jordan Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||December 3, 1968|
Montell Jordan is an American singer, songwriter, record producer, and pastor who has released the solo studio albums This Is How We Do It (1995), More… (1996), Let’s Ride (1998), Get It On…Tonite (1999), Montell Jordan (2002), Life After Def (2003), Let It Rain (2008), and Masterpeace (2019). The first 4 of these albums had peaked within the ‘Top 15’ of the US R&B charts and had been certified ‘Platinum’, ‘Gold’, ‘Gold’, and ‘Gold’ respectively by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). He was the primary male solo artist on Def Jam Recordings‘ Def Soul imprint until leaving the label in 2003.
Montell Du’Sean Barnett Jordan
Los Angeles, California, United States
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Montell had attended the Junipero Serra High School, a private Roman Catholic school in Gardena, California. After his high school graduation, he had joined Pepperdine University, a private research university located near Malibu, California. He had graduated from there, in 1991, with a bachelor’s degree in communications.
Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, Pastor
- Father – Elijah Jordan
- Mother – Deloris Jordan
- Siblings – Jennifer Jordan (Sister), Tracy Singley (Sister)
Hip Hop Soul, Rap, R&B
- Fontana Distribution
- MNRK Music Group
- Enterprise Recordings
- Universal Music Group
- Def Jam Recordings
Montell Jordan’s net worth had been $500 thousand according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 8 in or 203 cm
88 kg or 194 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Montell has dated –
- Kristin Hudson (1994–Present) – Montell had married Kristin Hudson in 1994 and they have 4 children together – 2 sons named Skyler Jordan (American Football Player) and Chris Jordan, and 2 daughters named Samantha Jordan and Sydney Jordan. Kristin has co-produced some of his albums and had co-authored, with Montell, a book titled This Is How We Do It! Making Your Marriage A Masterpeace (2017).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Towering frame
- Often makes appearances in a hat
- Tenor range voice
- Sports a thick beard or goatee
Montell Jordan Facts
- Born into a Baptist family, Montell would often attend his local church where his parents both used to work as deacons. In his teenage years, he used to play the piano for the church choir.
- After graduating from Pepperdine University, he had started working for Williams Television Time where he used to assist in the creation of TV infomercials. It was there that he had once performed at a showcase to impress his co-workers, an event that had kickstarted his music career. Noted musicians Janet Jackson and Shanice Wilson were also in attendance at that show.
- Soon after this, he had recorded his first mix-tape and had been signed up by Def Jam Recordings in 1995, becoming just the 2nd R&B artist to have signed a contract with that label.
- In 2010, a couple of years after the release of his 7th solo studio album titled Let It Rain, he had left the music business to become the worship leader at Victory World Church, a multi-cultural non-denominational Christian megachurch in Norcross, Georgia. In an interview, he had stated that he was told by God to quit the music industry.
Featured Image by Montell Jordan / Instagram