|Lemmy Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||December 24, 1945|
Lemmy was an English musician, singer, bassist, and songwriter who was best known as the founder, lead singer, bassist, primary songwriter, and only continuous member of the rock band Motörhead. He was well recognized as one of the pioneering figures in the advent of the new wave of British heavy metal.
Ian Fraser Kilmister
Lemmy was born on December 24, 1945.
He died on December 28, 2015, due to prostate cancer, congestive heart failure, and cardiac arrhythmia in Los Angeles, California, United States. He was 70 years old at the time of his death.
Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent, England, United Kingdom
Lemmy had attended Ysgol Syr Thomas Jones, a mixed bilingual community school in the Pentrefelin area of Amlwch, Anglesey, Wales.
Musician, Singer, Bassist, Songwriter
- Father – Sydney Davy Albert Kilmister (Ex-Royal Air Force Chaplain, Concert Pianist)
- Mother – Jessie Milda Willis (née Simpson)
- Others – George Willis (Step-Father) (Professional Soccer Player) (d. May 2011), Bertie Kilmister (Paternal Grandfather), Bertha Emma Carrier (Paternal Grandmother), William Simpson (Maternal Grandfather), Elizabeth Emma Boulton (Maternal Grandmother), Patricia Willis (Older Step-Sister), Tony Willis (Older Step-Brother)
Heavy Metal, Speed Metal, Rock and Roll, Hard Rock, Space Rock
- Chiswick Records
- Bronze Records
- United Artists
- GWR Records
- Epic Records
- ZYX Music
- SPV GmbH
- EMI Group Limited
- Big Beat Records
- Roadrunner Records
- Sanctuary Records
- Silver Lining Music
- BMG Rights Management
- Castle Communications
- Sony Music
- Metro Doubles
- Warner Music Group
Lemmy’s net worth had been $1 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lemmy had dated –
- Wendy O. Williams
- Purple Passion
- Debbie Linden
- Jasmin St. Claire
- Susan Benett
- Shellie Lyons
- Alycen Rowse – Rumor
- Patricia Inder (1967) – Through her brief relationship with Patricia, Lemmy had a son named Paul Inder (b. 1967) who went on to become a guitarist.
- Kelly Johnson (1980-1981)
- Cheryl Keuleman (1996)
In 1962, aged 17, Lemmy had met a holidaying girl. He had followed her to Stockport, Manchester, where she would give birth to his son Sean Kilmister. Lemmy had later put him up for adoption.
Race / Ethnicity
He was of English and 1/8th Cornish descent.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Gravelly voice
- Had a wart on his left cheek
- Used to make appearances in black outfits
- Muttonchops and handlebar mustache
- Military-influenced fashion sense
- Had tattoos on both his forearms
He had been featured in a TV commercial for Kit Kat in 2001.
- When Lemmy was just 3 months old, his parents had parted ways. He had been primarily raised by his mother and grandmother thereafter.
- He had been nicknamed ‘Lemmy’ which was taken from the phrase ‘lemmy [lend me] a quid ’til Friday’ which was his alleged habit of borrowing money to play slot machines.
- During his time in high school, he had started to develop an interest in rock and roll music after he had noticed a boy, who was a guitarist, being surrounded by girls.
- During and after high school, he used to work several odd jobs, including at an electric appliance factory, while also playing guitar for local bands.
Featured Image by Lemmy / Instagram