|Morris Chestnut Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||January 1, 1969|
|Spouse||Pam Byse Chestnut|
Morris Chestnut is a successful and versatile actor who is renowned for his roles in Under Siege 2: Dark Territory, G.I. Jane, The Brothers, Like Mike, Ladder 49, The Game Plan, The Perfect Holiday, The Call, Kick-Ass 2, The Best Man Holiday, C-16: FBI, V, Nurse Jackie, Legends, and Rosewood. He was named one of the “Sexiest Men Alive” by People magazine in 2015. Morris has over 5.5 million followers on Facebook, more than 2 million followers on Instagram, and over 700k followers on Twitter.
Morris Chester Chestnut Jr.
Cerritos, California, United States
Cerritos, California, United States
Morris Chestnut attended the Richard Gahr High School in Cerritos, California. After finishing high school in 1986, he joined California State University, in Northridge and graduated in Finance and Drama.
Actor, Director, Producer
- Father – Morris Lamont Chestnut Sr.
- Mother – Shirley Chestnut
- Siblings – He has a sister.
Morris Chestnut is managed by –
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- LINK Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States
6 ft or 183 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Morris Chestnut has dated –
- Pam Byse Chestnut (1995-Present) – In 1995, Morris married Pam Byse Chestnut. Morris has often kept his marriage life away from the spotlight and has refrained from sharing his family pictures on social media. The couple is blessed with 2 beautiful children, a son named Grant Chestnut (born 1997) and a daughter named Paige Chestnut (born 1998).
Race / Ethnicity
He is often seen sporting a shaved head.
- Muscular frame
- Keeps a French beard
Morris Chestnut has endorsed brands like –
Best Known For
- His versatile roles in numerous films such as in Under Siege 2: Dark Territory (1995) as Bobby Zachs, in G.I. Jane (1997) as McCool, in The Brothers (2001) as Jackson Smith, in Like Mike (2002) as Tracy Reynolds, in Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid (2004) as Gordon Mitchell, in Ladder 49 (2004) as Tommy Drake, in The Cave (2005) as Top Buchanan, in The Game Plan (2007) as Travis Sanders, in The Perfect Holiday (2007) as Benjamin, in The Call (2013) as Officer Phillips, in Kick-Ass 2 (2013) as Marcus Williams, and in The Best Man Holiday (2013) as Lance Sullivan
- Portraying different characters in various TV series like Jeff Carswell in Out All Night (1992–1993), Mal Robinson in C-16: FBI (1997–1998), Ryan Nichols in V (2009–2011), Dr. Prentiss in Nurse Jackie (2013–2014), Tony Rice in Legends (2014-2015), and Dr. Beaumont Rosewood Jr. in Rosewood (2015–2017). He has also acted in other popular series like American Horror Story: Murder House, American Dad!, ER and Bones.
In 1991, he made his theatrical film debut in the crime drama film, Boyz n the Hood, as Ricky Baker.
First TV Show
In 1990, Morris Chestnut made his first TV show appearance in the horror thriller series, Freddy’s Nightmares, as Jason Woodman.
In 2013, he debuted as a voice actor by lending his voice to the character of Craig in the animated comedy series, American Dad!
For the movie, The Best Man Holiday, Morris Chestnut trained under the guidance of celebrity fitness expert, Obi Obadike, to get into his best shape and shed his extra pounds. He used to work out 5 days a week and his weekly workout routine looked somewhat like as mentioned below –
- Monday – He worked on his biceps, triceps, and abs by indulging in 3 sets of exercises consisting of 10-12 reps each followed by cardio of 12 x 100 meters run.
- Tuesday – It was dedicated to the chest. He usually did 4 sets of exercises with 10-12 reps each. Apart from that, he also did cardio for 45 minutes which included 15 minutes of warming up followed by alternate 30 seconds walk and 30 seconds run which continued for a total of 30 minutes.
- Wednesday – On Wednesday, he used to work on his legs and abs. He did 4 sets of exercises for legs with 10-12 reps each and another 3 sets of exercises for his calves with the same number of reps. It was followed by 3 sets of abs exercises with 25 reps each. As for the cardio, Morris did 12 x 100 meters run on the treadmill.
- Thursday – Thursdays were meant for shoulders and back. He usually performed 4 different sets of exercises for shoulders with 10-12 reps each and another 4 sets of exercises for his back, also with 10-12 reps each. It was followed by 45 minutes of cardio which included 15 minutes of walk /warm-up followed by alternate 30 seconds walk and 30 seconds run which continued for a total of 30 minutes.
- Friday – It was dedicated to abs. He usually did 3 sets of exercises for abs with 25 reps each which were followed by 12 x 100 meters run on the treadmill.
- Saturday and Sunday – The last 2 days were saved to give rest to the muscles.
As for his diet, Morris maintained a disciplined high-protein diet along with a macronutrient ratio of 50 to 55 percent protein, 35 percent carbohydrates, and 15 percent fat.
Morris Chestnut Facts
- He played football in high school, but it did not work out for him.
- Morris won the annual video game competition, Madden Bowl, in 1998.
- In 2015, he was included in the list of “Sexiest Men Alive” by People magazine.
- Morris has revealed in an interview that he does not drink alcohol and goes to sleep early.
- A character that Morris has said that he wouldn’t play in a movie was a gay role like in the movie Brokeback Mountain (2005).
- He loves warm beignet, especially, from New Orleans.
- He has worked as an executive producer for films like Not Easily Broken (2009), Takers (2010), and When the Bough Breaks (2016).
- On April 18, 2017, Morris Chestnut, along with his fitness expert, Obi Obadike, co-wrote a book titled The Cut: Lose Up to 10 Pounds in 10 Days and Sculpt Your Best Body and published it with Grand Central Life & Style.
- Morris supports the charity organization Hope Center.
- Visit his official website @ morrischestnut.com.
- Follow Morris Chestnut on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Morris Chestnut / Instagram