|Nandita Das Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||November 7, 1969|
Nandita Das is a talented Indian actress and director who has given powerful performances in films like Fire (1996), 1947 Earth (1998), Bawandar (2000), etc. She has more than 100k followers on Instagram, more than 500k followers on Facebook, more than 200k followers on Twitter, and more than 100k subscribers on YouTube.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Nandita was a student at Sardar Patel Vidyalaya School in Delhi.
She graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Geography from Miranda House and received her Master’s in Social Work from the Delhi School of Social Work, University of Delhi.
- Father – Jatin Das (Artist)
- Mother – Varsha Das (Writer)
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Nandita Das has dated –
- Saumya Sen (2002-2007) – The Manto director was married to Saumya Sen for 5 years from 2002 until 2007.
- Subodh Maskara (2009-2017) – She married industrialist Subodh Maskara on January 2, 2010, after only a few months of dating. The couple became parents to a son named Vihaan Maskara (b. 2010) before parting ways in 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
Dusky skin tone
Nandita Das Facts
- She has worked in films covering 10 different languages.
- Nandita was one of the 16 global leaders selected to be a Yale World Fellow in 2014.
- She has received praise for her involvement in social issues pertaining to HIV/AIDS awareness, children’s rights, ending violence against women, etc.
- In 2013, Nandita supported the Dark is Beautiful campaign, which aims to highlight the issue of colorism in Indian society and the discrimination arising from it. She also co-directed a music video in the form of a PSA for the campaign.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / Wikimedia / CC BY 3.0