|Nayun Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||July 31, 1998|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Nayun is a South Korean singer and is best known for being the vocalist and sub-rapper of the South Korean girl group Momoland which was created in 2016 via the reality show, Finding Momoland. The group has a strong fan base and has released several tracks, EPs, and albums such as Welcome to Momoland, Freeze!, Great!, Fun to the World, JJan! Koong! Kwang!, Wonderful Love, I’m So Hot, and Show Me and has also won several awards such as Asia Artist Award, Gaon Chart Music Award, Golden Disc Award, Japan Gold Disc Award, Genie Music Award, Mnet Asian Music Award, Melon Music Award, and Seoul Music Award.
Seoul, South Korea
Seoul, South Korea
Nayun attended the Seoul School of Performing Arts.
Nayun was represented by MLD Entertainment, Record label, South Korea. On January 27, 2023, it was revealed that all the members of Momoland had parted ways with their agency, MLD Entertainment, after their contract had expired.
K-pop, Dance, Electropop, Nu-Disco
- MLD Entertainment (Contract expired on January 27, 2023)
- Kakao M
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She has South Korean ancestry.
She prefers to dye her hair ‘light brown’ or ‘red’.
Nayun has done endorsement work for brands like FronRow International.
Best Known For
- Being the vocalist and sub-rapper for the girl group, Momoland, formed by MLD Entertainment. The other members of the popular group involve Hyebin, Yeonwoo, Jane, Daisy, Ahin, Kim Taeha, JooE, and Nancy
- Having released a number of singles, EPs, and albums, as a part of Momoland, such as Welcome to Momoland, Freeze!, Great!, Fun to the World, and Show Me
- Being a part of the single titled Bboom Bboom that peaked at number #2 in the Gaon Digital Chart as well as in the K-pop Hot 100 chart, at number #4 in Oricon Singles Chart, at number #9 in Billboard Japan Hot 100, and at number #4 in the Billboard charts, and was also certified ‘Platinum’ by KMCA
As a Singer
Nayun has released a number of EPs and singles along with the girl group Momoland. Some of the tracks she has lent her voice to involve JJan! Koong! Kwang!, Wonderful Love, Freeze, Bboom Bboom, Baam, I’m So Hot, and many more.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance on Mnet’s reality show Finding Momoland as ‘Herself’ in 2016.
Nayun Favorite Things
- Role Model – Suzy
- Apart from her Korean name, Nayun she also goes by her English name Michelle.
- In her free time, she likes to watch movies and talk on the phone. According to other group members, she talks on the phone for almost 2-3 hours.
- In an interview, she revealed that she is a good listener and also good at giving people counseling and advice.
- Nayun is good at drawing, acting, and painting.
- She is foody and enjoys every type of food. According to her, she does not have any favorite food and is not picky about what she eats.
- She doesn’t like to do aegyo, and other group members refer to her as the middle mom of the group.
- As of August 2019, according to an interview by Celuv TV, Nayun and Hyebin share a room and mostly stay up all night talking to each other.
- In 2018, she was diagnosed with BPPV which is a disorder related to the inner ear that leads to vertigo.
- Her management announced on July 1, 2018, that she would be taking a temporary break from group activities to focus on her health.
- Nayun does not have any official social media handles.
Featured Image by MOMOLAND NAYUN / Instagram