|Nazia Hassan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||April 3, 1965|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Nazia Hassan was a Pakistani pop singer, songwriter, lawyer, philanthropist, political analyst, and social activist who went on to become one of the most prominent singers of Pakistan. She released a number of chart-topping tracks and albums including Disco Deewane, Aap Jaisa Koi, Camera Camera, Dhanak, Main Bulwan, Saaya, and Young Tarang and received the Filmfare Award for Aap Jaisa Koi at the age of 15, becoming the first Pakistani to win the Filmfare Award and the youngest recipient of the award. On March 23, 2002, she was posthumously honored with the Pride of Performance, Pakistan’s highest civilian award.
Queen of Pop of South Asia, Sweetheart of Pakistan
She was born on April 3, 1965.
On August 13, 2000, she died of lung cancer at the age of 35 in London, England, United Kingdom.
Hendon Cemetery and Crematorium, London, England, United Kingdom
Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan
Nazia Hassan attended the Richmond American University in London and graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and Economics. Also, she received her Law (LLB) degree from London University.
Singer, Songwriter, Lawyer, Philanthropist, Political Analyst, Social Activist
- Father – Basir Hassan (Businessman)
- Mother – Muniza Basir (Active Social Worker)
- Siblings – Zoheb Hassan (Younger Brother) (Singer, Pop Icon), Zara Hassan (Sister) (Singer)
Pakistani Pop, Indi-Pop, Bollywood, Disco
EMI Records, CBS India, Polygram
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Nazia Hassan had dated –
- Mirza Ishtiaq Baig (1995-2000) – She got married to businessman Mirza Ishtiaq Baig in an Islamic wedding ceremony held in Karachi on March 30, 1995. The duo was blessed with a son named Arez Hassan on April 7, 1997. The marriage couldn’t survive and ended in divorce just 10 days before Nazia’s death.
Race / Ethnicity
Nazia Hassan was of Pakistani descent.
- Disarming smile
- Gorgeous hair
She appeared in a TV commercial for Lipton (1990-1992).
Nazia Hassan Facts
- She grew up in Karachi and London.
- She was 10 years old when she started pursuing a career in music.
- Nazia Hassan made her debut with the song, Aap Jaisa Koi, which became an overnight success.
- Three days prior to her death, she was admitted to North London Hospice in London and she even showed signs of recovery. It was believed that doctors would allow her to go home but she started coughing heavily at around 9:15 am on early Sunday morning and died within minutes.
- Her brother revealed in an interview that she struggled a lot in her personal life which was filled with turmoil. He has also said, “She died an unhappy person, she died in pain.”
- Nazia had also served as an intern in the Women’s International Leadership program at the United Nations and also worked for the United Nations Security Council.
- Throughout her life, she worked for a number of social causes and her parents founded the Nazia Hassan Foundation in 2003 to further the dreams of their daughter.
Featured Image by Magnasound / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0