|Neal Mohan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Year of Birth||1973 or 1974|
|Spouse||Hema Sareen Mohan|
Neal Mohan is an American business executive who was appointed the CEO (chief executive officer) of YouTube (a global online video-sharing and social media platform) in February 2023. He has served as a member of the board of directors for MMA Global (a marketing/advertising services company based in New York City) (2012-2015), Interactive Advertising Bureau (an American organization that develops industry standards, conducts research, and provides legal support for the online advertising industry) (2012-2016), 23andMe (a genomics and biotechnology company based in San Francisco, California) (2017-Present), and Stitch Fix (an online personal styling service in the United States and the United Kingdom) (2020-Present).
Neal Mohan was born in the year 1973 or 1974.
Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
San Francisco Bay Area, California, United States
Neal had attended St. Francis’ College, a senior secondary boys-only private school in his hometown of Lucknow. After his high school graduation, he joined Stanford University, a private research university in Stanford, California, in 1992.
He graduated from there in 1996 with a BS (Bachelor of Science) degree in electrical engineering. In 2003, he enrolled in the Stanford Graduate School of Business, the business school of Stanford University. He graduated from there in 2005 with an MBA (Master of Business Administration) degree.
- Father – Aditya Mohan
- Mother – Deepa Mohan
- Siblings – Kapil Mohan (Younger Brother), Anuj Mohan (Younger Brother) (d. June 2006)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Neal has dated –
- Hema Sareen Mohan – Neal married Hema Sareen in New York in the late 1990s. She has worked in the non-profit and public welfare sectors for more than 2 decades. Neal and Hema have 3 children together – 2 sons and a daughter.
Race / Ethnicity
- Mildly stocky frame
- Short-cropped, side-parted hair
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
- Puffy face
Neal Mohan Facts
- Born in Lucknow, India, Neal, and his family moved to the United States where he grew up in Michigan and Florida. He briefly returned to India during his high school years but moved back to the United States in the 1990s.
- In August 1996, after completing his Bachelor of Science degree from Stanford University, he joined Accenture plc, an Irish-American professional services company specializing in information technology services, as a senior analyst.
- Neal stayed there until November 1997 after which he joined a startup called Net Gravity. He played a key role in expanding the company’s operations.
- About a few months later, Net Gravity was acquired by DoubleClick Inc., an American company that developed and provided internet advertisement services. Due to this, Neal moved from California to the company’s headquarters in New York.
- Until March 2001, Neal served as a director of global client services at DoubleClick Inc. and was instrumental in helping the company cut down costs in the wake of the burst of the dot-com bubble (a stock market bubble (overvaluation) related to technology companies in the late 1990s).
- Between March 2001 and September 2003, he served DoubleClick Inc. as its vice president of business operations. In July 2005, after completing his MBA degree from Stanford Graduate School of Business, Neal rejoined DoubleClick Inc. as a senior vice president of strategy and product management, under the condition that he would stay in California and not return to New York.
- His service was again critical in reshaping the flagging fortunes of the company which stemmed from a mismanaged acquisition that took place during the time that he was away from the company to pursue his MBA degree.
- In April 2007, Google LLC (an American multinational technology giant) agreed to acquire DoubleClick Inc. for USD 3.1 billion. Neal formally joined Google LLC later that year and played a vital role in the company’s integration process with DoubleClick Inc.
- In March 2008, he was appointed the senior vice president of display and video ads at Google LLC. In 2010, he managed Google LLC‘s USD 85 million acquisition of Invite Media, a display advertising and exchange bidding company.
- In 2011, Twitter, Inc. (an American social media company) attempted to hire him for the role of chief product officer. Google LLC reportedly paid Neal USD 100 million to retain his services.
- Between 2013 and 2017, he served as a member of the management board of Stanford Graduate School of Business, his alma mater.
- In November 2015, Neal joined YouTube (a subsidiary of Google LLC) as chief product officer. He was directly responsible for the management of several of this video-sharing and social media platform’s features including YouTube Music, YouTube TV, YouTube Premium, YouTube Shorts, and YouTube NFTs. During the time that he was involved with YouTube, he also acquired American citizenship.
Featured Image by Neal Mohan / Instagram