|Neil Brown Jr. Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||June 19, 1980|
|Spouse||Catrina Robinson Brown|
Neil Brown Jr. is an American actor who came to limelight after appearing as Felix Rodriguez on the short-lived South Beach (2006) and gained further popularity by starring in several other TV shows such as The Walking Dead (2010) where he played the role of the leader of the Vatos named Guillermo. He has performed in numerous films including the biopic Straight Outta Compton (2015) in which he essayed the part of DJ Yella. In 2017, he was cast as the protagonist Ray Perry on the CBS show SEAL Team. He is the recipient of several awards and honors like a nomination for “Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture” at the Screen Actors Guild Awards in 2015.
Cornelius C. Brown Jr.
NBJ, Neil Brown Jr.
Orlando, Florida, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
He graduated from Oak Ridge High School in Orlando in Florida where he was in the class of 1998.
Actor, Martial artist
- Father – Cornelius Brown (US Marine)
- Mother – Carrie Brown (Insurance underwriter)
- Siblings – Landi Brown (Sister)
He is represented by Amsel, Eisenstadt & Frazier & Hinojosa Talent Agency.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Catrina Robinson Brown (2000-Present) – He tied the knot with Catrina Robinson Brown on April 23, 2000. They have 2 sons.
Race / Ethnicity
He has African-American ancestry on both his parents’ sides.
He often tends to dye his hair in different shades.
- Split right eyebrow
- Expressive eyes
- Beard and mustache
Neil Brown Jr. Favorite Things
- Food – Pot Roast, it being his ultimate comfort food, his mother having had it ready to come off the stove every time he has gone back to Florida, as she has known how much it warms his heart
- Has Adored – His wife, who he has affirmed to have been the woman of his dreams, having known to have found his best friend and his other half when he first met her, and each time he has seen her after that having felt it to be the first time he had ever laid eyes on her
- Fond Of – Martial arts, having studied mainly American pugilism (boxing), Muay Thai, and Shotokan Karate since the age of 4 and having been intrigued by the wide variety of paths each form takes to attain the same goal
- Passion – Traveling, domestic or international, having stated to have loved to get lost and try to find his way back as he has learned more about the place that way than he would have if he had visited as a typical tourist
Source – CBS
Neil Brown Jr. Facts
- He has stated that he has loved acting deeply and it has felt like the art form had chosen him. He has recalled that as a kid, he used to love movies and used to crave to be the characters on the screen, never imagining he would ever get the chance, and after growing up and becoming an actor, he has considered it to be a huge blessing to have his wish fulfilled, and has wondered if he would suddenly wake up and find himself to be that kid dreaming.
- Neil has affirmed some of his happiest memories to have consisted of sitting with his father while he would try to teach him to play the guitar and has admitted that it used to very difficult to make him sit still back then.
- Neil is the winner of numerous martial arts trophies and awards.
- He has been hit by a car thrice, at different times, and survived with only minor scratches, including the one which had split his eyebrow in two when he was 4 years old.
- He has been able to do voice impressions of almost everyone he has met with great accuracy.
Featured Image by Neil Brown Jr. / Instagram