|Douglas Smith Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||June 22, 1985|
Douglas Smith is a Canadian actor and theatre artist who is known for playing Ben Henrickson in the HBO drama series Big Love, Reilly Evans in the television drama series Out There, Marcus Isaacson in the TNT period drama series The Alienist, Corey in the HBO drama series Big Little Lies, Gary/Xavier in the HBO period drama series Vinyl, Young Man in the 8-part docudrama miniseries When We Rise, and Tyson Conway in the crime drama television series Clarice. In addition to that, his film credits include Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters, The Death Game, Treading Water (also known as The Boy Who Smells Like Fish), Remember the Daze, Blast from the Past, Hangman’s Curse, Sleepover, Trancers 6, Ouija, Partners in Action, Hard Drive, Santa’s Slay, Lock her Room, State’s Evidence, Rock the Paint, Citizen Duane, Someday We Will Get Married, Don’t Worry Darling, The Bye Bye Man, Antiviral, Stage Fright, Terminator Genisys, Miss Sloane, and Bottom of the World.
Douglas Alexander Smith
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Douglas Smith attended Santa Monica Community College and graduated with an Associate Degree in Humanities in 2020. He also trained at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art‘s Shakespeare Summer School.
Actor, Theatre Artist
- Father – Maurice Smith (Producer of low-budget films)
- Mother – Terrea (née Oster) (Teacher, Actor)
- Siblings – Gregory Smith (Oder Brother) (Actor, Writer, Director), Samantha Smith (Sister), Andrew Smith (Brother)
- Others – George Edward Smith (Paternal Grandfather), Anne Joan Brown (Paternal Grandmother), Harvey Franklin Oster (Maternal Grandfather), Louise Mae Merchant (Maternal Grandmother)
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Douglas Smith has dated –
- Ashton Lunceford – He was romantically linked with Colombian singer Ashton Lunceford in the past.
- Lyndsy Fonseca (2008) – He went out with American actor Lyndsy Fonseca in the year 2008.
- Tricia Travis (2018-Present) – Douglas Smith got married to Teesh Travis in 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
Douglas Smith is of English, Ashkenazi Jewish, Swedish, Norwegian, Dutch, German, and French descent.
He did print adverts for K-Swiss‘ California Collection of vintage-styled sports shoes in 2010.
Douglas Smith Facts
- Douglas uses he/him pronouns.
- His father is originally from the United Kingdom hile his mother was born in America.
- Douglas Smith made his first theatrical film appearance as Adam Webber (age 11) in the 1999 romantic comedy-drama fantasy film Blast from the Past, starring Brendan Fraser, Alicia Silverstone, Christopher Walken, Sissy Spacek, and Dave Foley.
- In 2004, he was cast as Gregg in the teen comedy film Sleepover and this role got him nominated for a Young Artist Award in the “Best Performance in a Feature Film” category in 2005.
- From 2006 to 2011, he brought to life the character of Ben Henrickson in the drama television series Big Love.w
- Alongside Zoë Kravitz, Douglas Smith co-starred as Mica in the 2013 Mexican-Canadian comedy-drama film Treading Water (also titled The Boy Who Smells Like Fish).
- He appeared as Tyson (Percy’s Cyclops half-brother) in the 2013 fantasy adventure film Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters (also known as Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Sea of Monsters). Douglas co-starred in the film alongside Logan Lerman, Brandon T. Jackson, Alexandra Daddario, Jake Abel, and Stanley Tucci.
- In 2014, Douglas Smith made his off-Broadway debut by starring in the New York premiere of Simon Stephens’ Punk Rock at the Lucille Lortel Theatre in the West Village.
- From 2018 to 2020, he was seen as Marcus Isaacson (a young Jewish detective sergeant with the NYPD) in the period drama series The Alienist.
Featured Image by MiamiFilmFestival / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0