|Nicholas Brendon Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||April 12, 1971|
Nicholas Brendon is an American actor, voiceover artist, writer, and producer who is best known for playing Xander Harris in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Kevin Lynch in Criminal Minds. He has also been cast in projects like A Golden Christmas, American Dragon: Jake Long, Private Practice, Faking It, Kitchen Confidential, Hollywood Heights, Without a Trace, and Big Gay Love. However, Brendon’s acting has been overshadowed by his struggles with substance misuse and depression as well as his multiple arrests and convictions.
Nicholas Brendon Schultz
Los Angeles, California, United States
Venice, Los Angeles, California, United States
He studied at Chatsworth High School and then attended Pasadena City College.
Actor, Voiceover Artist, Writer, Producer
- Father – Robert W. Schultz
- Mother – Kathleen Ann (Perrine) (Talent Agent)
- Siblings – Kelly Donovan (3-minute Older Identical Twin Brother), Kyle Schultz (Younger Brother), Christian Schultz (Younger Brother)
Nicholas Brendon has been signed with EyeLAshout Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Salisbury, Essex County, Massachusetts, United States.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Nicholas Brendon has dated –
- Marley Shelton (1991-1999) – He had a long-term romance with actress Marley Shelton from 1991 to 1999.
- Tressa DiFiglia (2000-2006) – Brendon began dating actress Tressa DiFiglia in 2000 and they got married the following year. However, the duo eventually separated in 2006.
- Lauren Grasso (2007-2009) – In January 2007, he started going out with photographer Lauren Grasso and the duo remained a thing until the year 2009.
- Moonda Tee (2013-2015) – He became romantically involved with Moonda Tee in 2013 and they got married in 2014 in Las Vegas, one week after proposing. Just 5 months after that, he announced via social media that they had separated. Tee claimed in a video posted to social media that this was because Brendon had cheated on her.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of German, French, and English descent.
Salt and Pepper
- Deep-set eyes
- Arched eyebrows
He has appeared in a TV commercial for Clearasil and has done a magazine ad for the Stuttering Foundation of America.
Nicholas Brendon Facts
- His stuttering first became apparent at age 7 or 8.
- During his younger years, Nicholas Brendon aspired to become a professional baseball player but “lost the passion for it” at 20.
- He then decided to pursue acting in order to help him manage his stutter which had made him so fearful of speaking or interacting with strangers that he did not begin dating until 21 or 22. He once said, “Every day I still have to remind myself to slow down and concentrate. Constant repetition of tongue-twisters was like lifting weights for me, but patience and persistence have paid off.”
- Around the year 2001, he came in contact with the Stuttering Foundation of America and started working with it. He was appointed as its honorary chairperson for its National Stuttering Awareness Week in May 2001.
- Only after acting for 2 years, Nicholas decided to give up the art because he “couldn’t stand the politics in Hollywood”.
- The actor once unsuccessfully tried to study medicine.
- For his role as Xander Harris in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, he received a Saturn Award nomination consecutively in 1998, 1999, and 2000.
- Nicholas Brendon played the recurring role of Jackson Lee in the romantic comedy television series, Faking It, between 2014 and 2015.
- He has done various odd jobs including plumber’s assistant, veterinary janitor, daycare counselor, waiter, and production assistant.
- Nicholas enjoys painting and photography.
- He has struggled for many years with depression and alcoholism. In June 2015, he also entered rehab for substance abuse, depression, and alcoholism.
- In 2015, Nicholas was arrested and he pleaded guilty to criminal mischief after allegedly grabbing his girlfriend by the throat, smashing her cell phone, and stealing her car keys.
- In 2018, Nicholas Brendon was named one of The Mighty’s Mental Health Heroes.
- He injured himself as he slipped on ice in a freak accident in February 2021 and, hence, refused to speak about the controversy surrounding Joss Whedon‘s misconduct allegations.
- In August 2021, Nicholas was arrested on charges of felony prescription fraud and was also charged with a misdemeanor after he failed to properly identify himself to the police.
Featured Image by NicholasBrendon / Wikimedia / CC BY 4.0