|LeToya Luckett Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||March 11, 1981|
LeToya Luckett is an American singer, songwriter, actor, and producer known as a founding member of the iconic R&B girl group Destiny’s Child, one of the world’s best-selling girl groups of all time. The group went on to release albums like Destiny’s Child, 8 Days of Christmas, The Writing’s on the Wall, Survivor, and Destiny Fulfilled and was nominated for 14 Grammy Awards, winning twice for “Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals” and once for “Best R&B Song”. She embarked on a solo career in the 2000s and her discography consists of albums and tracks like Lady Love, LeToya, Back 2 Life, Good to Me, Used To, Obvious, Regret (ft. Ludacris), She Ain’t Got…, Feeling, In the Name, Torn, and She Don’t. As an actor, she has worked in many shows and movies including Greenleaf, Single Ladies, Rosewood, Preacher’s Kid, Drumline: A New Beat, Here We Go Again, Treme, From the Rough, Note to Self, Second Generation Wayans, Ballers, Truth Be Told, and For Richer or Poorer.
LeToya Nicole Luckett
Anjel, Toya, Destiny’s Child, Letoya Luckett-Walker
Houston, Texas, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Producer
- Father – Darrell Luckett
- Mother – Pamela Luckett
- Siblings – She has 2 siblings.
- Others – Louvella Marie Luckett (Paternal Grandmother), Sammie Lee Williams (Maternal Grandfather), Alpha Joreen Basey (Maternal Grandmother)
LeToya Luckett has been represented by Resolution Talent Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States.
- Columbia (1997-2000)
- Capitol (2002-2012)
- eOne Music
Her net worth had been $5 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
LeToya Luckett has dated –
- RL – She was romantically involved with singer, songwriter, and record producer RL in the past.
- Brian Casey
- Slim Thug (2000-2002) – Rapper Slim Thug dated LeToya from 2000 till they decided to break up in 2002.
- T.I. (2000-2001) – In April 2000, she began going out with rapper, actor, and record executive T.I. but they eventually parted ways the following year in September.
- DeShawn Stevenson (2003-2007) – LeToya started dating basketball player DeShawn in 2003. The couple dated for nearly 4 years before breaking up in 2007.
- Matt Kemp (2006) – Baseball player Matt was rumored to be dating LeToya in 2006. However, LeToya went on to clarify that they were nothing more than friends.
- Kevin Durant (2011-2012) – NBA player Kevin Durant was spotted several times along with LeToya at basketball games and dinners in 2011 and 2012. However, the two refused to comment on the status of their relationship. LeToya later revealed that she was involved with another man and not Kevin.
- Jo Blaque (2012-2015) – Producer Joseph Macklin began dating LeToya in 2012. The two kept their relationship under wraps for nearly 2 years. She received a lot of flak for choosing to remain private about her dating life. However, she said that before revealing details, the couple wanted to build a strong foundation.
- Rob Hill Sr. (2015-2016) – Speaker Rob began dating LeToya in 2015. They secretly got married in January 2016. However, they split within 2 months of their union. LeToya revealed that the two were not compatible and hence decided to break up.
- Tommicus Walker (2017-2021) – LeToya met businessperson Tommicus at a friend’s wedding and they began dating in 2017. LeToya announced her secret engagement on her Instagram in August 2017. The two took a walk down the aisle in an extravagant ceremony that took place at Villa Antonia in Austin, Texas on December 10, 2017. In June 2018, they announced that they were expecting their first child together and their daughter, Gianna Iman Walker was born on January 4, 2019. Their 2nd child, a son named Tysun Wolf Walker was born on September 14, 2020. The couple announced their separation on January 11, 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
LeToya is of African American descent.
LeToya has endorsed the following brands –
- African Pride Hair Care
- Flat Tummy Tea
Best Known For
Singing vocals and being a member of the Contemporary R&B girl group Destiny’s Child
LeToya, along with her R&B girl group, released their first self-titled debut album called Destiny’s Child in 1998.
She later went on to launch her solo career and released her debut album called LeToya on July 25, 2006, produced by Jermaine Dupri, Scott Storch, Teddy Bishop, and B. Cox.
LeToya made her theatrical film debut in the 1999 comedy movie Beverly Hood.
First TV Show
LeToya made her television show debut on Top of the Pops in 1998.
LeToya Luckett Facts
- She keeps her skin hydrated by having lots of water. She revealed that her go-to product is the Olay Regenerist Luminous Tone Perfecting Cream.
- LeToya owns a boutique in Houston called Lady Elle Boutique.
- She’s a philanthropist and has been a part of various social causes including the national tour of the Hip-Hop Summit Action Network ‘Get Your Money Right.’
- Her closest friends from the industry are Michelle Williams and Keisha Knight Pulliam.
- She confesses to being a foodie and loves eating any food that is deep-fried. She calls her foodie alter ego “Mable”.
- LeToya gave her first solo performance at the age of 5 when a lady handed her the mic.
Featured Image by Mattie23 / Wikimedia / Public Domain