|Ali Gatie Quick Info
|5 ft 8 in
|Date of Birth
|May 31, 1997
Ali Gatie is an Iraqi–Canadian rapper, singer, and songwriter who came to limelight with his breakout hit It’s You that was released in 2019 and charted worldwide splashing onto the US Billboard Hot 100 along with reaching the top 40 positions in Australia, Canada, Ireland as well Sweden and the top 10 in New Zealand and in Germany. He has more than 1.5 million followers on Instagram as of August 2020.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
He enrolled in a university but dropped out in order to pursue his music career.
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter
- Siblings – He has brothers and 1 sister.
He is represented by Sal&CO.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ali has dated –
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Iraqi descent.
He often tends to dye his hair in different shades.
- Mustache and beard
- Shapely lips
- Long hair
- Thick eyebrows
Ali Gatie Favorite Things
- Musical Influences – Ed Sheeran, J. Cole, and Frank Ocean, who he grew up listening to
- Always In Touch With – His Arab roots, having credited a lot of his music-making philosophy to the traditional Arab values of generosity and hospitality that his family had brought him up with and always having spoken about his culture online including explaining the Muslim practice of Ramadan on Twitter, declaring his love for Arabic girls and shouting out Arab countries that encourage his music
Ali Gatie Facts
- His family moved from Yemen to Abu Dhabi and had finally settled in Mississauga in Ontario.
- Gatie began pursuing a music career when he was 18 years old and started to record in 2016.
- His song It’s You was noted for its beautiful lo-fi production, soul-stirring acoustic guitar, and touching, love-sick lyrics, along with his alluringly raw vocals. Regarding the single, Ali has disclosed that the song had come very naturally to him and that it had taken only 15 minutes to pen down the entire record, that he had felt the words at that moment and spoken directly from his heart.
- The snippet of his song What If I Told You That I Love You was released on the social networking app TikTok in 2020 and had gone viral, garnering more than 20 million engagements.
- Gatie founded his personal record label named Li$N and gained recognition from various outlets like Billboard, HYPEBEAST, Forbes, Complex, and Genius.
- He has revealed that he has wanted to be like the perfect mixture of Ed Sheeran and J. Cole, where he would not be a pop star, and neither would exactly be a hip-hop artist.
- He has taken his fans’ thoughts and views on board, making them feel appreciated and heard. Before releasing It’s You, he had asked his Twitter audience to assist him to choose the title for the single and with more than 15,000 votes he had gone with the winning choice. Regarding his approachable realness, he has stated that he has believed his fans and his relationship with them to be everything that would get his songs on the charts. He has been grateful to his loyal and dedicated fans.
Featured Image by Ali / Instagram