|Nick Mason Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||January 27, 1944|
Nick Mason is an English drummer, composer, musician, record producer, author, and auto racer who is known as a founder member of the progressive rock band Pink Floyd. Formed in 1965, the band’s discography consists of numerous studio albums such as The Piper at the Gates of Dawn, A Saucerful of Secrets, More, Atom Heart Mother, The Final Cut, Obscured by Clouds, Ummagumma, Meddle, A Momentary Lapse of Reason, The Dark Side of the Moon, The Endless River, Wish You Were Here, Animals, The Wall, and The Division Bell.
Nicholas Berkeley Mason
Birmingham, Warwickshire, England, United Kingdom
Hampstead, London, England, United Kingdom
Nick Mason studied at the Hall School, Hampstead, and Frensham Heights School near Farnham, Surrey. Afterward, he enrolled at Regent Street Polytechnic (later known as the University of Westminster) and studied architecture.
Drummer, Composer, Musician, Record Producer, Author, Auto Racer
- Father – Bill Mason (Documentary Filmmaker, Scriptwriter)
- Mother – Ailsa Sarah (née Kershaw)
- Others – Edward Daniel Mason (Paternal Grandfather), Elsie Ann (née Berkeley) (Paternal Grandmother), Rowland Hill Berkeley (Paternal Great-Grandfather) (Was Lord Mayor of Birmingham in 1904–1905), Walter James Kershaw (Maternal Grandfather), Alice Sabina Hirsch (Maternal Grandmother)
Nick Mason has been signed with All American Entertainment, Company, Durham, North Carolina, United States.
Progressive Rock, Psychedelic Rock
Capitol Records, Columbia Records, Sony Records, EMI Records, Harvest Records
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, he has a net worth of $180 Million as of 2023.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Nick Mason has dated –
- Lindy Rutter – He married his first wife Lindy Rutter (a noted woodwind player who played flute on “The Grand Vizier’s Garden Party” from Pink Floyd‘s 1969 album Ummagumma) in the year 1969 and the duo parents 2 daughters named Chloe and Holly. The duo eventually parted ways and got divorced in the late 1980s.
- Annette Lynton (Nettie) (1990-Present) – In 1990, Nick Mason married actor Annette Lynton (Nettie) and the couple has been blessed with 2 sons, namely, Guy and Cary.
Race / Ethnicity
Nick Mason is of English, German, Scottish, Welsh, and distant Manx descent.
Salt and Pepper
Soft and precise percussion style
Nick Mason Favorite Things
- Hobby – Motor racing
Source – Wikipedia
Nick Mason Facts
- He spent his childhood years growing up in Hampstead, London.
- It was while studying at Regent Street Polytechnic that Nick Mason formed a band named Sigma 6 (which went on to serve as an early incarnation of Pink Floyd) along with Roger Waters, Bob Klose, and Richard Wright in 1964.
- As a member of Pink Floyd, he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1996.
- Nick Mason’s book titled Into the Red was published in 1998.
- He is the only member of Pink Floyd who has performed on every album.
- He has a passion for car racing and enjoys collecting antique automobiles. Some of the cars he has owned include a Ferrari 250 GTO, Ferrari 250 Berlinetta, Ferrari F40, Ferrari LaFerrari, Ferrari Enzo, Ferrari 512 BB LM, Ferrari 599 GTO, Ferrari FF, Ferrari Daytona GT4, Aston-Martin Ulster, AC Cobra 289, Bugatti Type 35, McLaren F1 GTR, Maserati Birdcage, Maserati 250F, Lola T297, Jaguar D-type, Alfa-Romeo 8C, Bentley 4,5-litre, Lotus Elan.
- For his services to music, Nick Mason was appointed a Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) in the 2019 New Year Honours and was presented with the award by Prince William, Duke of Cambridge at Buckingham Palace on May 2, 2019.
- A qualified helicopter pilot, he has flown an Aerospatiale AS 350 Squirrel helicopter in specially painted colors.
Featured Image by Raph_PH / Flickr / CC BY 2.0 DEED