|Nick Sandow Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||August 3, 1966|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Nick Sandow is an American actor, producer, writer, and director who is best known for portraying roles such as Joe Caputo in Orange Is the New Black, Garza in Meadowland, Joe Lombardo in Third Watch, and Murray Clarke in Clarice. He has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Boardwalk Empire, CSI: Miami, Blue Bloods, Six Degrees, How to Make It in America, Stella’s Last Weekend, The Cold Lands, A Brooklyn State of Mind, On the Run, and many more. His theatre credits include plays like Halfway Home, Baptism By Fire, and Henry Flamethrow.
Bronx, New York, USA
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Nick did not go to college but he moved to Manhattan when he was 19 years old to study acting and work in theater.
Actor, Writer, Producer, and Director
- Siblings – He has three older sisters.
Nick is managed by New York-based TMT Entertainment Group.
6 ft or 183 cm
81 kg or 178.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Nick Sandow has dated –
- Tamara Malkin-Stuart – Tamara is Nick’s longtime partner. She is an actress, a painter and a yoga teacher who was born in Spain. They have two children, Sasha Sandow (born 2002) and Sterling Sandow (born 2009). Not much is known about the formation of their relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
Black with a tint of gray
- Balding head
- Crooked Nose
- Gray mustache
Best Known For
His character as Joe Caputo in the TV series Orange Is the New Black.
In 1994, Nick made his theatrical film debut as Max in the drama movie Hand Gun.
First TV Show
In 1992, Nick made his first TV show appearance playing a small part as Officer Nelson, in an episode of the drama series Law and Order.
Nick Sandow Facts
- He grew up in an Italian neighborhood in The Bronx.
- He was raised by a single mother.
- His father died of a heart attack when he was just 9 years old.
- In April 2004, he acted in the Michael Imperioli play Baptism By Fire at Studio Dante in New York City.
- In June 2005, he directed Henry Flamethrowa, a play by John Belluso at Studio Dante, New York City.
- He has also done several different credible roles in shows like Boardwalk Empire, Blue Bloods, How to Make It in America, Third Watch, and NYPD Blue.
- He wrote and directed a mob film, The Wannabe which premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival in 2015.
- Scorsese’s films that influenced him in the making of The Wannabe are Italian films like Salvatore Giuliano and Mafioso and the American thriller Mean Streets.
Featured Image by Nick Sandow / Instagram