|Mumtaz Sorcar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||September 15, 1986|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Mumtaz Sorcar is an Indian actor, model, and dancer who has worked in several Bengali, Tamil, Telugu, and Hindi language projects which include Dark Chocolate, Ek Bar Bolo Uttam Kumar, Musalmanir Galpo, Kolkatar Jongole, 033, Koyekti Meyer Golpo, C/O Kaadhal, Bhooter Bhabishyat, Atmogopan, The Play, Shabaash Mithu, Ashchorjyo Prodeep, Meghe Dhaka Tara, Nayika Sangbad, Kanchenjunga Express, Irudhi Suttru, Nayikar Mato, Saala Khadoos, Raktokorobi, Shobdo Jobdo, Guru, and Maya: The Lost Mother.
Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Mumtaz Sorcar studied at Modern High School for Girls in Kolkata and then finished her BA LLB from South Calcutta Law College under Calcutta University.
Moreover, she trained in boxing at a South Kolkata Club under the auspices of the Bengal Amateur Boxing Federation. She has also received judo training.
Actor, Model, Dancer
- Father – P. C. Sorcar Jr. (Magician)
- Mother – Joysri Sorcar
- Siblings – Maneka Sorcar (b. Parama Sorcar) (Older Sister) (Magician), Moubani Sorcar (b. Purbita Sorcar) (Younger Sister) (Actor, Painter)
- Others – Protul Chandra Sorcar (P.C. Sorcar Sr.) (Paternal Grandfather) (Magician), Basanti Devi (Paternal Grandmother), Sri Aroon Kumar Ghosh (Maternal Grandfather), Smt. Nilima Devi (Maternal Grandmother), P. C. Sorcar, Young (Paternal Uncle) (Magician), Manick Sorcar (Paternal Uncle) (Artist, Animator, Engineer, Laserist), Susmit Ranjan Haldar (Brother-In-Law, Maneka’s Husband), Piya Sorcar (Cousin) (Entrepreneur, Researcher), Payal Sorcar (Cousin), Pouroosh (Cousin) (Performer), Purnasha (Cousin)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She has frequently dyed her hair.
- Pierced ears
- Several tattoos
Mumtaz Sorcar Facts
- She is a middle child.
- Growing up, she also took interest in sports.
- Mumtaz Sorcar is a YMCA gold medalist in shot put.
- She was cast as a vocalist named Ria in the 2010 Bengali film 033.
- Alongside Saswata Chatterjee, Sreelekha Mitra, and Rajatava Dutta, Mumtaz Sorcar co-starred as Mala Maal (a Bollywood actor and the s*x symbol fantasied by Anilabho) in the 2013 Bengali-language film Ashchorjyo Prodeep.
- In 2016, she co-starred as Payal Mukherjee in the Bengali crime thriller film Dark Chocolate.
- Mumtaz Sorcar brought to life the character of Lakshmi a.k.a. “Lux” in the 2016 sports drama film Irudhi Suttru (Saala Khadoos in Hindi). The film stars R. Madhavan and Ritika Singh.
- In 2021, she played Salima in the Tamil-language slice-of-life anthology film C/O Kaadhal. It is a remake of the 2018 Telugu film C/o Kancharapalem.
- She portrayed the character of Jhulan Goswami (an Indian international cricketer and the former captain of India’s national women’s cricket team) in the 2022 Hindi-language biographical sports drama film Shabaash Mithu, starring Taapsee Pannu.
Featured Image by Mumtaz Sorcar / Instagram