|Ritika Singh Quick Info
|5 ft 5¾ in
|Date of Birth
|December 16, 1994
Ritika Singh is an Indian actress, professional mixed martial artist, and kickboxer who is distinguished for her work in the Hindi, Tamil, and Telugu film industry. Some of her most notable roles are as Ezhil Madhi in Irudhi Suttru (2016) and its Hindi dub Saala Khadoos (2016) and as Rameshwari in Guru (2017). She has also starred in several other films such as Shivalinga (2017) and Aandavan Kattalai (2018). Besides that, Ritika is also a professional martial artist who took part in the 2009 Asian Indoor Games as a kickboxer and Super Fight League as a mixed martial artist. Over time, she has amassed a huge fan base with more than 1.5 million followers on Instagram and more than 900k followers on Twitter.
Ritika Mohan Singh
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Actress, Mixed Martial Artist
- Father – Mohan Singh (Kickboxer, Mixed Martial Artist)
- Mother – Mona Singh
- Siblings – Rohan Singh (Younger Brother) (Kickboxer)
Ritika is represented by links TOABH Talent Management.
5 ft 5¾ in or 167 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Curly hair
- Heart-shaped lips
- Almond eye shape
Through her social media, Ritika has either endorsed or promoted several brands including SólSkin.
Best Known For
- Working alongside several well-known actors like R. Madhavan, Venkatesh Daggubati, Vijay Sethupathi, Raghava Lawrence, Taapsee Pannu, Aadhi Pinisetty, Nandita Swetha, and Simran Bagga
- Her important portrayal of Ezhil Madhi in Irudhi Suttru (2016) and its Hindi dub Saala Khadoos, as Rameshwari in Guru (2017), Anu in Neevevaro (2018)
- Being a national level kickboxer and mixed martial artist
- Receiving several highly regarded awards such as the Filmfare Award for “Best Female Debut” and the SIIMA Award for “Best Debutant Female”
- Being the first actress to have received “Special Mention” at the 63rd National Film Awards even though she did not dub her role
Ritika made her debut Hindi theatrical film appearance as Aarti (The daughter of Hemant Birje who plays Tarzan) in Tarzan Ki Beti in 2002.
She made her first Tamil theatrical film appearance as Ezhil Madhi alongside actor R. Madhavan in Irudhi Suttru in 2016.
Ritika made her debut Telugu theatrical film appearance as Rameshwari in Guru in 2017.
In an interview with Coffee in a Chai Cup, Ritika spoke about going to a kickboxing gym that she and her father own. Her focus is usually on doing a lot of bodyweight exercises rather than using machines.
Her workout regime usually consists of intense-cardio training that includes constant movement while doing knee-ups, punches, and jump squats.
Ritika enjoys eating seafood. However, her staple diet at home is mostly dal and rice. When she’s training, her diet mostly consists of food that does not contain much spices and oil.
Nevertheless, when she is not working out, Ritika enjoys eating food from restaurants as well as junk food. She also loves eating chocolate but she prefers to consume them in moderation.
Ritika Singh Favorite Things
- Flavor – Chocolate
- Actor – Ranbir Kapoor
- YouTube Channel – Coffee in a Chai Cup
- Workout – Jump Squats
Ritika Singh Facts
- She was raised alongside her younger brother and sister in Mumbai.
- Ritika started her kickboxing training under the careful guidance of her father Mohan when she was 3 years old. She made her professional fight debut at the 2009 Asian Indoor Games as a kickboxer under the 52 kg category. Later, she went on to take part in the fight at the mixed martial arts tournament of Super Fight League.
- She had initially made her first film appearance as a child artiste when she was 8 years old as the daughter of Tarzan in Tarzan Ki Beti. The film was a sequel of the 1985 film Adventures of Tarzan.
- Ritika was spotted by director Sudha Kongara Prasad in an advertisement for the Super Fight League. Later, Sudha had contacted Raj Kundra, the chairman of the competition to get in touch with her.
- Ritika was given the part of Ezhil Madhi in the film Irudhi Suttru (2016), as the creators required someone who was a professionally trained fighter. Her outstanding performance earned her the 63rd National Film Award for “Special Mention”. She also turned out to be the actress to be cited at the National Awards even without having dubbed her role.
- Ritika has won several awards such as the Filmfare Award for “Best Actress” (2016), IIFA Award for “Best Actress” (2016), and the SIIMA Award for “Best Debut Actress” (2017) for her role in Irudhi Suttru (2016). She was also awarded the Filmfare Award for “Best Female Debut” (2017) for the Hindi dubbed version of the film Saala Khadoos.
- As of 2018, she had not been on a date with anyone. However, her idea of dinner date would be watching Netflix at home while binging on some pizza.
- In January 2019, Ritika contributed a motivational speech through TEDx Talks titled “One cannot be flying all the time” at Sri Sairam Engineering College.
- In March 2019, Ritika was trolled for her bold photoshoot and was excused of overexposing.
- Ritika enjoys binging on chocolates and all kinds of food.
- She does not leave her house without her wallet, sunglasses, and lip balm.
- Ritika is obsessed with watching videos on YouTube. During an interview, she stated that if she had not been an actress, she would have become a full-time YouTuber. It is also the first app she opens in the morning.
- On more than one occasion, Ritika has spoken about not having any kind of alcoholic beverage or abused any kind of drug.
- She is a highly motivated person who believes sports played an important role while she was growing up.
- Follow her on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image By Ritika Singh / Instagram