|Nikki Blonsky Quick Info|
|Height||4 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||November 9, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Nikki Blonsky is a mainstream American actress, singer, dancer, hairstylist, and make-up artist. She is best known for being cast as Tracy Turnblad in Hairspray (2007) and as Maggie Baker in Queen Sized. She is also known for her role in the show Huge (2010). Besides acting, Nikki is also an amazing singer who lent her voice to the release of several soundtracks such as Good Morning Baltimore, I Can Hear the Bells, Welcome to the 60’s, Without Love, and You Can’t Stop the Beat, in the musical film Hairspray in 2007. On the contrary, Nikki is also a great dancer and an advocate for the LGBTQ community.
Nicole Margaret Blonsky
Great Neck, New York, United States
Franklin Square, New York, United States
Nikki attended the Great Neck North Middle School. After that, she studied for one year at the John L. Miller Great Neck North High School in New York.
Later, she completed her schooling from a Village School. Nikki was also part of the William A. Shine Great Neck South High School‘s theatre program. She is also a certified cosmetologist.
Actress, Singer, Dancer, LGBTQ Advocate, Public Speaker
- Father – Karl Blonsky (Municipal Employee)
- Mother – Karen Smeja Blonsky (School Teacher)
- Siblings – Joey Blonsky (Younger Brother)
- Others – Paul Blonsky (Paternal Grandfather), David Blonsky (Paternal Great Grandfather), Rachel Cooper (Paternal Great Grandmother), Anita Kanter (Paternal Grandmother), Luis A. Kanter (Paternal Great Grandfather), Terisa (Paternal Great Grandmother), Stephen Martin Smeja II (Maternal Grandfather), Stephen Smeja (Maternal Great Grandfather), Madaline (Maternal Great Grandmother), Margaret Mary Cosgrove (Maternal Grandmother), Thomas P. Cosgrove (Maternal Great Grandfather), Mary Stinton (Maternal Great Grandmother)
Nikki is represented by –
- Innovative Artists
- Moses & Singer
4 ft 10 in or 147.5 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Nikki has dated –
- In the past, Nikki was in a toxic relationship that often resulted in domestic violence. In an interview, she also stated that once she had been hit by phone in the head apart from being violently beaten up. She also said “When somebody’s hands are around your throat and you think that it’s the end, you don’t know where to turn. I remember thinking to myself, ‘Oh my God, my poor mother is going to get a phone call that her daughter was choked to death’. The minute he released me, I left him and never went back”.
- Zac Efron (2007) – In 2007, rumors began to spread of co-stars Zac Efron and Nikki finding love on the set of Hairspray. People further sought to believe in the speculations after the couple shared an intimate kiss on television during a talk show. However, the rumor was later put to an end as during that time, Zac was dating actress Vanessa Hudgens.
- Tommy Potoeski (2011) – In 2011, Nikki was spotted kissing aspiring actor Tommy Potoeski at a restaurant. Tommy even identified himself her boyfriend while they were there. However, in June that year, her representative stated via Twitter, that she was happily single.
- Hailey Jo Jensen (2022-Present) – In June 2022, Nikki confirmed her relationship with Hailey Jo Jensen through an Instagram post.
Race / Ethnicity
Nikki has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry on her father’s side and part Irish and part Czech ancestry on her mother’s side.
In June 2020, Nikki came out as a “lesbian” through a TikTok video.
Has a mole on the left side of her upper lip
Nikki was raised a Roman Catholic.
Best Known For
- Being cast as Tracy Turnblad in Hairspray (2007) and as Maggie Baker in Queen Sized (2008)
- Starring in several shows as Teri O’Shaughnessy in Ugly Betty (2009), Poppy Barker in Valemont (2009), Willamena Rader in Huge (2010), and Margot in Smash (2013)
- Being nominated for a Golden Globe Award for “Best Actress in a Motion Picture Musical or Comedy” and winning several awards such as the Broadcast Film Critics Association Award for “Best Young Performer” as well as the Hollywood Film Festival for “Ensemble Cast of the Year” for her debut appearance in Hairspray
- Getting into an altercation with America’s Next Top Model contestant Bianca Golden in 2008
As a Singer
Nikki has lent her voice to the release of several hit songs for the soundtrack album titled Hairspray (Soundtrack to the Motion Picture) which was released on July 10, 2007. It was compiled of a total of 19 tracks of which, Nikki had lent her vocals to the release of Good Morning Baltimore, I Can Hear the Bells, Welcome to the 60’s, Without Love, and You Can’t Stop the Beat.
Nikki made her debut theatrical film appearance as Tracy Turnblad in Hairspray in 2007.
As a voice actress, Nikki made her feature film debut as Lady Paw Paw in Pup Star: World Tour in 2018.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance on Rove Live in April 2007.
Nikki prefers not to go to the gym and in fact, she wishes to remain the size that she was as of 2010. She quite likes the way she looks. Once, she started taking additional protein shakes in order to retain her size as she had begun to lose weight very quickly through dancing.
As for her diet, she once stated that she ‘doesn’t diet’. She also said, “I’m glad to be huge and don’t care what people think”.
Nikki Blonsky Favorite Things
- Thing To Do In Her Free Time – Go Fishing
- Top – A red half sleeve t-shirt with a picture of actor Burt Reynolds
- Actor – Burt Reynolds
In August 2008, Nikki and her father were arrested at the Carribean for assaulting and arguing with the family of America’s Next Top Model contestant Bianca Golden at an airport. It was reported that Nikki and Bianca were taken into custody for bodily harm, whereas Nikki’s father was charged with grievous bodily harm.
Bianca and Nikki were let out on a bail of £3,000. However, her father remained in custody at the time.
Nikki Blonsky Facts
- She is a family oriented kind of person. Nikki also prefers to keep to herself whenever she can.
- Nikki began taking vocal lessons when she was 8 years old but started singing at the mere age of 3.
- During her high school years, Nikki took part in several productions such as Les Misérables, Sweeney Todd, Kiss Me, Kate, and Carmen.
- Nikki saw the Broadway version of Hairspray on her 15th birthday. Thereafter, she had long desired to play the character of Tracy Turnblad. Not long after, at the age of 18, she was cast in the film adaptation of Hairspray to play the lead role. Upon her debut role, she had earned many awards and was nominated for a Golden Globe Award as well.
- She was 18 years old when she worked at Cold Stone Creamery.
- On June 22, 2008, Nikki sang the National Anthem of America at the pre-race ceremony at Infineon Raceway for the Toyota/Save Mart 350.
- Besides acting, she is also a qualified hairstylist and makeup artist who earned her certification as a cosmetologist in 2011. She worked part-time at Superstar Hairstylists Inc, along with her acting career.
- In the past, Nikki was also said to have been working in a shoe store in her hometown. However, she denied the rumors saying, “So much false reporting! & false quotes. NO career changing! just experimented 4 a day working @ a friends boutique 2 see what it was like”.
- Nikki was informed of being cast in Hairspray, while she was working her shift at Cold Stone Creamery. Her reaction was broadcasted on Entertainment Tonight.
- The most defining moment for Nikki was when her uncle who she also considered to be her best friend told her “I’m proud of you, kid”. She even brought him to a red carpet event that she had attended. However, a few months after that, he passed away.
- Inspired by her families heirloom, Nikki started her very own collection of Jewellery for the Home Shopping Network in the past.
- She once performed at the Gay Pride Parade in San Francisco.
- As of 2017, Nikki stated that she had been playing softball as a catcher for about 9 years.
- The most precious thing that Nikki possesses is a ring that was given to her by her grandmother when she was quite young.
- She is a huge supporter of the LGBTQ community and has thousands of fans amongst them.
- In the past, she was devastated after a close member of her family had committed suicide.
- Nikki is not a supporter of President Donald Trump. She stated that someone who doesn’t acknowledge the LGBTQ community is someone she won’t be supporting.
- She has a K-9 named Cali. Nikki also has 2 pugs named, Frankie and Rocky.
- Follow her on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image By Nikki Blonsky / Instagram