|Nithya Menen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 0.5 in|
|Date of Birth||April 8, 1988|
Nithya Menen is an Indian actress known for appearing in popular films like Josh, 100 Days of Love, 24, Kotigobba 2, and Janatha Garage. She is also a singer and has lent her voice to a number of tracks like Oh Priya Priya, Kanneer Thulilye, Laalijo, and Arere Arere. She has a huge social media fan base with more than 600k followers on Instagram, more than 50k followers on Twitter, and more than 600k followers on Facebook.
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Nithya Menen has studied at the Manipal University. She graduated from the university with a degree in journalism.
She later took a cinematography course at the Film and Television Institute of India in Pune.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
- Aditya Music
- Eros Music
5 ft 0½ in or 153.5 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Nithya Menen has dated –
- Kiccha Sudeep (2015) – Towards the end of 2015, Nithya was linked with actor Kiccha Sudeep. It was claimed that Sudeep, who had recently separated from his wife Priya, had sought solace in a relationship with Nithya. It was also reported that they had grown close while shooting for the bilingual film, Mudinja Ivana Pudi which was released in Tamil as well as the Kannada language. Also, their cozy equation in the promotional events for the movie further raised suspicions about their relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Malayali ancestry on both her mother and father’s side. Her mother’s family traces their origin back to Palakkad, while her father hails from Calicut.
- Curly hair
- High cheekbones
- Nithya Menen has appeared in a TV commercial for Titan watch.
- She has also appeared in a TV advert for the jewelry brand, Joyalukkas.
She has revealed in an interview that she was raised in an atheist family. However, she has evolved into a spiritual individual and believes in the existence of divine powers.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the supporting role in the super hit Kannada movie, Josh. Her tremendous performance in the movie helped her win the nomination for the Filmfare Awards South.
- Being cast in the lead roles in successful and critically acclaimed movies such as 100 Days of Love, 24, Kotigobba 2, and Janatha Garage.
As a Singer
She has performed numerous songs for her movies such as Oh Priya Priya, Kanneer Thulilye, Laalijo, and Arere Arere. She has worked with established music directors such as A. R. Rahman.
In 1998, she made her theatrical film debut in the Indian English language movie, The Monkey Who Knew Too Much, in which she was cast in the role of a younger sister of Tabu’s character. She was 10 years old at the time of her debut.
First TV Show
Nithya Menen hasn’t appeared on any TV show till date.
Her workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Nithya Menen Favorite Things
- Food – Spicy Food
Source – Times of India
Nithya Menen Facts
- Before she started her acting career, she aspired to become a journalist but decided against it once she realized that it wasn’t what it used to be.
- She was convinced to get into acting by film director B. V. Nandini Reddy, who later signed Nithya in the female lead role in her directorial debut.
- She bagged her role in her Malayalam debut, Aakasha Gopuram in a role opposite Mohanlal on the suggestion of legendary actor, who had spotted her on the cover of a tourism magazine, Stark World Kerala. She was giving her 12th class exams when she was offered the role.
- In 2011, she was caught in a needless controversy after she was asked whether she would act alongside Prabhas and she instinctively asked ‘Who”. She was widely criticized for disrespecting an established star. She claimed that she had asked the question because she hadn’t heard it clearly.
- Although she has lent her voice to a number of soundtrack albums of her movies, she has never taken classical singing lessons.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Xrie / Wikimedia / CC BY-3.0