|Nitin Menon Quick Info
|5 ft 7 in
|Date of Birth
|November 2, 1983
Nitin Menon is an Indian international cricket umpire and cricketer who is a batsman for Madhya Pradesh in List A cricket and an umpire. He is also known to be the son of former Indian first-class umpire Narendra Menon.
Nitin Narendra Menon
Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India
Nitin studied at St. Paul Higher Secondary School in Indore.
Cricket Umpire, Cricketer
- Father – Narendra Menon (Former Indian First-Class Cricketer, Umpire)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
91 kg or 200.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Round face
Nitin Menon Facts
- He was brought up in Indore.
- Nitin chose to walk in the footsteps of his father Narendra Menon who was a well-known first-class cricketer and umpire who officiated a total of 4 ODI’s from 1993 to 1998.
- When he’s not umpiring, Nitin is a right-handed batsman and wicket-keeper.
- In the past, he stood for the 2015–16 Ranji Trophy as well as the Sheffield Shield in Australia.
- He became the youngest umpire to be promoted to the Elite Panel of ICC Umpires in June 2020. He replaced English cricket umpire Nigel James Llong.
- On January 26, 2017, Nitin made his debut as an umpire at the Twenty20 International.
- His first One Day International match as an umpire was during a match against Afghanistan and Ireland on March 15, 2017.
- He was named as one of 12 umpires for the 2018 ICC Women’s World Twenty20 in October 2018.
- Nitin was one of the umpires who were chosen to officiate matches for the 2020 ICC Women’s T20 World Cup in Australia.
- In July 2023, at the age of 39, Nitin became the youngest Indian umpire to officiate in the Ashes Test Series.
Featured Image By BCCI. tv