|Noomi Rapace Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4¼ in|
|Date of Birth||December 28, 1979|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Noomi Rapace is a Swedish actress who is best known for portraying roles such as Lisbeth Salander in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets’ Nest, and The Girl Who Played with Fire. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as In the Shadow of the Raven, Blodsbröder, Daisy Diamond, Beyond, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, Prometheus, Alien: Covenant, Stockholm, What Happened to Monday, The Secrets We Keep, Labyrint, Jack Ryan, and many more. For her acting skills, Noomi has been honored with numerous awards such as the Guldbagge Award, Empire Award, and Amanda Award.
Hudiksvall, Hälsingland, Gävleborg County, Sweden
At 15, she enrolled at a Stockholm theater school to learn acting.
From 1998 to 1999, she studied acting at the Skara Skolscen acting school in Sweden.
- Father – Rogelio Durán (Flamenco Singer)
- Mother – Nina Norén (Spanish Actress)
- Siblings – Særún Norén (Sister) (Photographer)
She is managed by –
- Next Model Management
- Agentfirman Planthaber / Kildén
5 ft 4¼ in or 163 cm
53 kg or 117 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Noomi Rapace dated –
- Ola Norell (2001-2011) – Noomi and Swedish actor Ola Norell got married in 2001. They chose Rapace as a surname as the French and Italian word meant birds of prey. They had a son named Lev (born in 2004). They filed for divorce in September 2010 and legally separated in 2011.
- Sanny Dahlbeck (2015) – Rapace started dating Swedish kickboxer Sanny Dahlbeck in 2015. They were first seen in public on February 8, 2015, during the BAFTAs. They broke up on October 2, 2015, after dating for a brief period.
Race / Ethnicity
She is half Spanish and half Swedish.
- Often plays emotional characters
- Choice of roles of physically abused women
- Does own stunts
32-25-34 in or 81-63.5-86 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
7.5 (US) or 38 (EU)
Rapace is non-religious.
Best Known For
She became famous for her role of Lisbeth Salander in the Swedish film adaptations of the Millennium series: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2009), The Girl Who Played with Fire (2009), and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets’ Nest (2009).
Her other best-known movies include Daisy Diamond (2007) as Anna, Beyond (2010) as Leena, The Monitor (2011) as Anna, and Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (2011) as Madame Simza Heron.
Her first film saw her in a small role in the 1988 movie In the Shadow of the Raven.
Her first English language movie was Guy Ritchie‘s Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (2011), alongside Robert Downey Jr.
First TV Show
In 1996, Rapace portrayed the character of Lucinda Gonzales in the soap opera Tre kronor.
Rapace is known to lose or gain weight as per the need of the character that she is about to portray. According to Noomi, her body follows her mind and that makes it easy to prepare for the role.
She had daily sessions with a personal trainer while preparing for Babycall. She was into running, endurance training, and kickboxing.
Noomi Rapace Favorite Things
- Actress – Anne Parillaud, Patricia Arquette
- Movies – True Romance (1993), Raging Bull (1980), Nil by Mouth (1997), Frances (1982), Bullhead (2011)
Source – IMDb
Noomi Rapace Facts
- When she was 5, Rapace left her birthplace and moved to Iceland with her mother and stepfather.
- She left her home at the age of 15 to pursue a career in acting.
- Rapace is multilingual and can fluently speak Icelandic, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, and English.
- Rapace was seen in the music video of Doom and Gloom song by Rolling Stones in November 2012. The video was shot at the Cité du Cinéma studio by Luc Besson in Saint-Denis.
- In 2015, Rapace accidentally fractured her nose after being hit by an elbow during a shoot.
- She is not on social media.