|Oksana Kalashnikova Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||September 5, 1990|
Oksana Kalashnikova is a Georgian professional tennis player who is adept at the doubles format of the sport having been rated as high as world number 42 in September 2023, as per the official WTA (Women’s Tennis Association – the principal organizing body of women’s professional tennis) rankings. At Grand Slam (Australian Open/French Open/Wimbledon Championships/US Open) tournaments, in the doubles format, her best performance, as of October 2023, was reaching the quarter-final of the 2023 Wimbledon Championships. As of October 2023, Oksana had won 6 doubles titles on the WTA Tour (a worldwide top-tier tennis tour for women organized by the WTA) – the 2013 Baku Cup (International (the lowest tier of tournaments on the WTA Tour)), the 2015 Bucharest Open (International), the 2016 Rosmalen Open (International), the 2017 Hungarian Ladies Open (International), the 2022 Budapest Grand Prix (WTA 250 (WTA International tournaments were reclassified as WTA 250 tournaments in 2021), and the 2023 Prague Open (WTA 250).
Tbilisi, Georgian SSR, Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (now known as Tbilisi, Georgia)
Biel, Bern, Switzerland
Professional Tennis Player
Left-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
6 ft or 183 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Georgian descent.
She often tends to dye her hair blonde.
- Toned physique
- Center-parted, long, straight hair
- Charming smile
- Gleaming face
She has been sponsored by –
- Head Sport GmbH (American-Austrian sports equipment manufacturing company)
- InPhorm NYC (American designer line of women’s tennis, golf, yoga, and other athleisure apparel)
- Emirates (one of the two flag carrier airlines of the United Arab Emirates)
Oksana Kalashnikova Facts
- Oksana first came into the spotlight when she reached the quarter-final of the doubles event of the 2013 edition of the Rogers Cup (also known as the Canadian Open) – a WTA Premier 5 event.
- Between 2009 and 2020, five WTA Premier 5 events (900 ranking points awarded to the winner in each event) and four WTA Premier Mandatory events (1,000 ranking points awarded to the winner in each event) used to constitute an annual series of 9 prestigious tennis tournaments featuring the top-ranked players on the WTA Tour. After the reorganization of the tour’s schedule in 2021, these events merged into a single tier – the WTA 1000 tournaments.
- In March 2016, Oksana reached the semi-final of the doubles event of the BNP Paribas Open (better known as the Indian Wells Masters). This was the first time in her career that she had reached the semi-final of a WTA Premier Mandatory event. Consequently, in mid-June 2016, she reached a career-high doubles ranking of world number 43.
- In July 2023, at the Wimbledon Championships, she reached the quarter-final stage of the doubles event of a Grand Slam (Australian Open/French Open/Wimbledon Championships/US Open) tournament for the first time in her career. Previously, Oksana had stumbled in the 3rd round (pre-quarterfinal stage) of the doubles event of a Grand Slam tournament on 4 separate occasions – the 2013 French Open, the 2016 Australian Open, the 2018 US Open, and the 2023 Australian Open.
- She is an ardent baseball fan and often attends MLB (Major League Baseball – the oldest major professional sports league in the world) games while visiting the United States to compete in tennis tournaments.
Featured Image by Oksana Kalashnikova / Instagram