|Olivia Newton-John Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||September 26, 1948|
|Spouse||Amazon John Easterling|
Olivia Newton-John is an English-Australian songwriter, actress, singer, activist, and entrepreneur. She is well known for her amazing voice. In the 1960s, Olivia Newton-John won a talent contest which was hosted by John O’Keefe. The prize had been a trip to Great Britain but she was very reluctant to use it till almost a year later when her mom finally convinced her to go. Since then, Olivia has been singing and winning various awards. She has won the Grammy Award several times, and also reached the No. 1 spot on the Billboard Hot 100 singles and Billboard 200 solo albums. Olivia has sold more than 100 million records worldwide. She’s one of the best selling artists of all time.
Olivia Newton-John has also played roles in movies. She had a starring role in the musical film Grease (1978). She is also well known for being an activist for animal and environmental rights issues and being involved in various charities and fundraising programs because she is an advocate for health awareness. She’s also business savvy and has made some contributions in the commercial world. Some of them include co-owning the Gala Retreat & Spa in Australia and owning several product lines for Koala Blue. She’s a very diverse individual and has made her gains from the things that she’s involved in.
Livvy, The Goddess, Lovely Livvy, Olivia Neutron-Bomb, ONJ
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
Olivia Newton-John attended Christ Church Grammar School in Queenslea Dr, Claremont, Australia and then went to the University High School located in Parkville, Victoria, Australia.
Singer, Songwriter, Actress, Entrepreneur, Activist
- Father – Brinley “Bryn” Newton-John (Professor)
- Mother – Irene Helene
- Siblings – Hugh Newton-John (Older Brother) (Doctor), Rona (Older Sister) (Actress)
- Others – Max Born (Maternal Grandfather) (Physicist), Victor Ehrenberg (Maternal Great-Grandfather), Hedwig Martha “Hedi” Ehrenberg (Maternal Grandmother), Oliver John (Paternal Grandfather), Daisy Newton (Paternal Grandmother)
Olivia Newton-John is managed by Fitzgerald-Hartley Co (Talent Agency), Ventura, California, United States.
Pop, Country, Soft Rock, New-Age, Adult Contemporary
- Uni Records
- MCA Records
- EMI Records Limited
- Pye Records
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Olivia Newton-John has dated –
- Ian Turpie (1964-1965) – Olivia and actor Ian worked together in the film, Funny Things Happen Down Under, which was also Olivia Newton-John’s debut performance. He was one of her first boyfriends and their relationship lasted from 1964 to 1965.
- Bruce Welch (1968-1972) – Olivia met Bruce, an English guitarist, songwriter, producer, and singer in 1968. They dated for almost 4 years before breaking up in 1972.
- Lee Kramer (1974-1979) – Olivia started dating Lee Kramer in 1974. They dated for almost 5 tears before ending their relationship in 1979.
- Cliff Richard – Olivia reportedly dated singer Cliff Richard in the early 1970s. However, the couple later broke up.
- Matt Lattanzi (1984-1995) – Matt Lattanzi is an American actor and dancer. He met Olivia Newton-John while filming Xanadu. They dated for a while before getting married in 1984. In 1992, Matt Lattanzi’s acting career was nearing its end. He had to look for a way to provide for the family, so he got a job as a construction worker for a home-building company in California. Matt Lattanzi and Olivia Newton-John moved to their ranch in Australia in 1993 so that he could audition for the new soap opera, Paradise Beach. They got separated in 1993 because Matt Lattanzi was having an external affair with a woman. The couple later got divorced in 1995. They have a daughter together named Chloe Rose Lattanzi (b. 1986).
- Patrick McDermott (1996-2005) – Cameraman Patrick McDermott was an on and off boyfriend of Olivia Newton-John. They began dating in 1996. He was suspected of faking his own death and it was alleged that McDermott was living in Mexico in 2010.
- Amazon John Easterling (2007-Present) – Olivia met Amazon 15 years earlier but only became romantically involved with him in 2007. Both of them had a very private Incan spiritual ceremony in Cuzco, Peru on June 21, 2008, followed 9 days later by a legal ceremony on the Jupiter Island beachfront in Florida. The wedding was attended only by Chloe, Olivia’s daughter.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Welsh, Ashkenazi Jewish, and German descent.
- Unique voice
- Beautiful smile
- Blonde hair
Olivia Newton-John has done endorsement work for brands such as –
- Charity association Planet Ark
- Kellogg’s Smart Start cereal
- TriVita’s “Zamu Gold” wellness drink
- “Total Gym” fitness program
Best Known For
- Selling more than 100 million records worldwide, making her one of the world’s best-selling artists of all time
- Being an activist for environmental and animal rights issues
- Starring in the musical film Grease in 1978
As a Singer
Olivia Newton-John released her first album titled If Not For You in 1971.
Olivia Newton-John made her feature film debut in the role of Olivia in the movie Funny Things Happen Down Under in 1966.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as Herself on Time for Terry in 1965.
Olivia Newton-John Facts
- In 1992, Olivia Newton-John went through surgery for breast cancer.
- After taking her mom’s advice to use the prize for the competition that she won in Australia and go to Britain, she eventually became a successful singer, actress, and performer.
- She didn’t go to the United States until she was already successfully established as a country and pop singer, and had a fan base of her own.
- She was selected by People magazine as one of the top 50 “Most Beautiful People in the World”.
- Jeff Conaway is her ex-brother-in-law. They both acted in the movie Grease (1978).
- In 1974, Olivia represented Britain at the Eurovision Song Contest.
- She loves filling her house with orchids and lilies.
- In 1992, Olivia went back to Australia to heal after undergoing breast cancer surgery.
- She does her own make-up for photoshoot sessions because she loves doing cosmetics.
- One of her goals is to achieve total peace before she dies.
- Her father died of liver cancer in 1992, the same year she went for breast cancer surgery and also went bankrupt.
- Her boyfriend, Patrick McDermott went missing in 2005 and faked his own death, only to be located in 2009 in a Mexican Beach, carrying tourists from place to place and going by a different name.
- She fractured her coccyx while filming a dance sequence in the 1980 movie Xanadu.
- Olivia has been awarded a star in the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Recording in Hollywood, California.
- Olivia Newton-John had 3 miscarriages during her marriage to Matt Lattanzi.
- She is a very good friend and mentor of Delta Goodrem.
- In February 1975, Olivia appeared on the cover of People Weekly magazine. It was their first official pop cover.
- In the 2006 Queen’s Birthday Honors List, Olivia was awarded the Officer of the Order of Australia (A.O.) for all her services to the entertainment industry, the environment, and to the community at large.
- In 1979 Queen’s New Years Honors List, she was awarded an O.B.E (Officer of the Order of the British Empire), for her services to the performing arts.
- Olivia performed background vocals on Fly Away song by John Denver.
- Olivia’s song Physical was banned by a radio station in Utah because they didn’t appreciate the lyrics. She still went ahead to release a music video and had a tour in Utah. She won her first Grammy Award in the “Video of The Year” category for the music video in 1982.
- Olivia was a close friend of Karen Carpenter.
- Olivia never leaves home without her lipstick and passport.
- She was ranked on No. 95 on the VH1’s “100 Greatest Women of Rock N Roll” list and No. 92 on VH1’s “100 Sexiest Artists” list.
- Olivia’s role in Grease ranked was ranked #89 on the Premiere magazine’s “100 Greatest Movie Characters of All Time” list.
- She had sciatica complications in 2017 during one of her tours and had to cancel some of her concerts to undergo treatment for it.
- On May 30, 2017, it was reported that her breast cancer had returned and had metastasized to her sacrum, and reached the most critical stage – Stage IV.
- Visit her official website @ olivianewton-john.com.
- Follow Olivia Newton-John on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Liam Mendes / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0