|Oviya Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4¼ in|
|Date of Birth||April 29, 1991|
Oviya is an Indian model and actress who came to prominence with her important portrayal of Maheswari in Kalavani in 2010. She is also notably known for her appearance in various other films like Kalakalappu (2012) and Yaamirukka Bayamey (2014). Predominantly known for her work in the Tamil and Malayalam cinema, Oviya also built a good rapport with her charm and positive attitude on Bigg Boss Tamil 1 (2017). Overtime, Oviya has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 500k followers on Facebook, more than 700k followers on Twitter, and more than 300k followers on Instagram.
She divides her time between Kerala and Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Oviya graduated from Vimala College in Thrissur with a degree in Bachelor of Arts in Functional English.
- Father – Nelson
She is represented by Vega Entertainment.
5 ft 4¼ in or 163 cm
57 kg or 126 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Oviya has dated –
- Arav Nafeez (2017-Present) – Model and actor Arav Nafeez and Oviya met one another for the first time during the first season of Bigg Boss Tamil in 2017. The duo blended well and soon grew to like each other. However, crumbling under the pressure of the reality shows nature, Arav started ignoring her. This, in turn, complicated things to such as extent that Oviya who was deeply in love with him allegedly tried to commit suicide by drowning herself in the reality show’s pool. Thereafter, she found it difficult to continue and quit the show on medical terms. However, after the completion of the show, the two started making public appearances together on more than one occasion. Hence, starting the rumors that they were dating and in a live-in relationship. Later, when Oviya was questioned about rumors, this is what she had to say, “During Bigg Boss, we had our share of disagreement and difference of opinion but now, everything has been sorted out. Arav and I are good friends, we are not in a live-in relationship and the marriage reports are also mere rumors.” However, in December 2018, Arav had also shared some cozy pictures of the two on his Instagram.
Race / Ethnicity
- Prominent eyes
- Fleshy nose
- Thick eyebrows
- Plush lips
- Buxom figure
Oviya has done endorsement work for several brands such as –
- Saravana Stores
- SP Silks
- Ponvandu Soaps
Best Known For
- Her appearance as Maya in Kalakalappu in 2012 and Shwetha in Muthukku Muthaaga in 2011, Sharanya in Yaamirukka Bayamey in 2014, and as Rita in 90ml (2019)
- Receiving various awards such as the Aval Award for “Darling of Tamil Nadu” (2018), JFW Golden Divas Award for “JFW Golden Diva” (2018), and Edison Award for “Best Female Rising Star” (2012)
- Being nominated for the 5th Vijay Award for “Best Debut Actress” in Kalavani (2010)
- Appearing as a contestant on Bigg Boss Tamil 1 in 2017
Oviya made her debut Malayalam theatrical film appearance as Susanna in Kangaroo in 2007.
She made her first Tamil theatrical film appearance as Aishwarya in Naalai Namadhe in 2009.
Oviya made her debut Kannada theatrical film appearance as Nethra in Kirataka in 2011.
She made her first Hindi theatrical film appearance as Riya in Yeh Ishq Sarfira in 2015.
Oviya made her debut Telugu theatrical film appearance as Abhinaya in Idi Naa Love Story in 2018.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as a “Contestant” in Bigg Boss Tamil 1 in 2017.
Oviya does go to the gym on a daily basis. However, she considers jogging to be the best kind of workout for herself. Oviya also enjoys dancing and considers it to be the best kind cardio routine for her.
As for her diet, she is a non-vegetarian.
- She was raised in Kerala.
- Oviya lost her mother to cancer at a young age.
- She has a large gypsy tattoo on her right shoulder.
- In 2017, Oviya allegedly attempted suicide on national television during the Bigg Boss Tamil 1 reality show. It is said that her positive attitude in the show made her an easy target for the other contestants. However, she lost it when her only supporter actor Arav Nafeez also ignored her. After her attempt to suicide, she quit the show and did not return despite her fan popularity.
- If she had not been an actress, Oviya would have become a bartender.
- Her fans go by the simple title of “Oviya Army”.
- In 2019, Oviya faced a lot of criticism for the many lip lock scenes that she shared with actor Anson Paul in the film 90ml.
- The one thing that she always has in her bag is a lip balm.
- In April 2018, Oviya was featured on the cover of jfW.
Featured Image By Oviya Helen / Instagram