|Paing Takhon Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||September 17, 1996|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Paing Takhon is a Burmese model, actor, and singer who had started his career as a runway model which gave him several opportunities to feature in music videos and appear on the covers of several magazines. His growing popularity saw him act in films such as Midnight Travellers (2017), Bad Boys 2 (2017), and Thaman Kyar (2018). In 2017, he had released his debut solo studio album titled Chit Thu (Lover). In March 2019, it was announced that he had been selected as the male lead of the documentary drama TV series Kha Yee Thwar Kauk Kyaung (Traveller’s Notes), his TV acting debut.
Sit Ko Paing
Kawthoung, Tanintharyi, Myanmar (Burma)
Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
Paing Takhon had graduated from Basic Education High School No. 1 Khamaukgyi in his hometown of Kawthoung. He had later joined the University of Distance Education, Yangon, where he had majored in psychology.
Model, Actor, Singer
- Father – Tun Moe
- Mother – Khin Kyu
- Siblings – He has an older brother, 2 older sisters, and 2 younger brothers.
Vocals, Guitar, Violin
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Burmese descent.
- Toned physique
- Ever-changing hairstyle
- Clean-shaven look
- Has multiple tattoos on his chest, midriff, sides, and back
Paing Takhon has served as the brand ambassador for –
- Pond’s Myanmar
- Oppo Myanmar
- Telenor Myanmar
- Sunkist Myanmar
- T247 energy drink
- MG Vehicles Myanmar
- Sailun Tire Myanmar
Paing Takhon Facts
- In 2014, just after his high school graduation, Paing Takhon had moved to Yangon to pursue his dream of becoming a model.
- He had donated all the proceeds from the sale of his debut solo studio album titled Chit Thu (Lover) (2017) to children from an institution named Ananda Metta Orphan School.
- In September 2019, owing to his popularity in both Myanmar and Thailand, he was appointed as Myanmar’s tourism ambassador to Thailand by the Myanmar Tourism Marketing Association and the Myanmar Tourism Federation.
- Alongside his work as a brand ambassador of several companies in Myanmar, he is also the founder of a beauty product company and a business partner of the United Amara Bank, a private commercial bank headquartered in Yangon.
- After the February 2021 military coup in Myanmar, which overthrew the democratically elected government, Paing Takhon had become one of the most prominent members of the people-led anti-coup movement that gripped the country thereafter. He was highly active in the movement in rallies on the ground as well as through social media and had also joined the ‘We Want Justice’ three-finger salute movement.
- In April 2021, warrants for his arrest were issued on charges of speaking out against the military coup. He was one among several celebrities charged with calling for participation in the Civil Disobedience Movement (CDM) and with generally inciting the people to disrupt the stability of the country. On April 8, 2021, around 5 am, he was arrested from his mother’s home in the North Dagon area of Yangon. He was suffering from both coronary heart disease and cerebral malaria when he was arrested.
Featured Image by Paing Takhon / Instagram