|Pat Benatar Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||January 10, 1953|
Pat Benatar is an American singer-songwriter and actress who has been well-recognized for her long-list achievements and notable contributions in the music industry. Her debut album In the Heat of the Night had dominated the music charts and became certified ‘Platinum’ in Canada after hitting the no. 3 spot on the RPM albums chart. Some of her most popular singles included her second track Heartbreaker which ranked at no. 23 in the US music charts and her 3rd single We Live for Love written by her husband Neil Giraldo which peaked to spot no. 27 shortly after it was released on February 1980. Her first LP was released on August 1980 which featured songs such as Hell Is for Children, Treat Me Right, You Better Run.
Her LP album which peaked at the no. 2 in the US for 5 consecutive weeks in January 1981 had sold more than 5 million copies and had won her first Grammy Award for “Best Female Rock Vocal Performance”. The album rolled its way to the no. 1 spot on Billboard US Top 200 LP chart with its lead track Fire and Ice hitting no. 17 in the US and no. 30 in Australia. In her entire singing career, she has compiled numerous awards including various multi-platinum albums given by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), platinum albums, gold albums, and top 40 singles on Billboard which included her chart-topping song tracks Hit Me with Your Best Shot, Love Is a Battlefield, We Belong, and Invincible.
Patricia Mae Andrzejewski
Pat, The Five Foot Giant, Patti-B, The Queen of Rock ‘n’ Roll
Greenpoint, Brooklyn, New York, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
She went to Daniel Street Elementary School where she first had her voice lessons and sang her first solo It Must Be Spring at the age of 8. Pat attended the Lindenhurst Senior High School from 1967 to 1971.
Though she had initially planned to attend the Juilliard School after she trained as a coloratura, Pat decided instead to pursue health education and later went to the State University of New York at Stony Brook.
Singer, Songwriter, Actress
- Father – Andrew Andrzejewski (Sheet-Metal Worker)
- Mother – Mildred Andrzejewski (Beautician)
- Siblings – Unknown
- Others – William Joseph Knapp (Maternal Grandfather), May Geraldine Prey (Maternal Grandmother)
Pat Benatar is represented by –
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Bel Chiasso Entertainment, Inc., Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States
Rock, Hard Rock, Pop-Rock
Vocals, Acoustic Guitar
- Chrysalis Records
- CMC International
- Bel Chiasso
5 ft or 152.5 cm
45 kg or 99 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Pat has dated –
- Dennis Benatar (1972-1979) – She married her high school sweetheart Dennis Benatar in 1972 at the age of 19. Following 7 years of marriage, the two got officially divorced in 1979.
- Neil Giraldo (1982-Present) – Pat got married to her second husband Neil Giraldo in 1982. They live in Los Angeles, California with their 2 daughters named Haley (b. February 16, 1985) and Hana Giraldo (b. March 12, 1994).
Race / Ethnicity
She has Polish ancestry on her father’s side and Dutch, German, English, and Irish ancestry on her mother’s side.
She often tends to dye her hair ‘blonde’ and ‘light brown’.
- Thin Lips
- Deep Set Eyes
Pat Benatar has done endorsement works for brands such as –
- Pepsi Cola
- Sheraton Hotels
- Chili’s Grill & Bar
Best Known For
- Her overall contributions as a singer in the music industry
- Her long-list chart-topping albums and singles including her debut album In the Heat of the Night and her best-selling singles Heartbreaker, We Live for Love, Hit Me with Your Best Shot, Love Is a Battlefield, We Belong, and Invincible
On August 1979, she released her debut album In the Heat of the Night, which later on climbed to the no. 12 spot in early 1980. In this album, renown record producer and songwriter Mike Chapman had produced 3 song tracks while Peter Coleman managed the remaining tracks. It became a certified ‘Platinum’ album and was recognized by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) on December 1980.
In 1980, she made her theatrical film debut as Jeanette Florescu in the comedy-drama film Union City.
First TV Show
In 1980, Pat made her first TV show appearance as a performer on American Bandstand during which she had performed 2 songs, namely Heartbreaker and I Need a Lover.
Though she has not openly talked about her workout parameters and how she keeps her body fit and healthy through exercise, a handful of details about her healthy diet routine and usual nutritional staples was revealed on April 23, 2017. As per the reports, she struggles with gluten sensitivity which obliges her to be more careful with her diet and nutrition. Her diet staples consist of organic fruit and vegetables, grass-fed beef, organic chicken, olives, and cheese.
Pat Benatar Favorite Things
- Hobbies – Cooking
- Meals To Prepare – Italian food, gravy, pasta, stews
- Rock Band – Led Zeppelin
Pat Benatar Facts
- She left her job to pursue a career in singing after being inspired by actress-singer, Liza Minnelli.
- She worked as a singing waitress at a nightclub and got a singing gig in the lounge band Coxon’s Army, which was a regular at Sam Miller’s basement club.
- Pat had her first official tour from 1979 to 1980 for her albums In the Heat of the Night and Crimes of Passion.
- Pat used to work as a bank teller near Richmond, Virginia.
- As of July 2019, she’s a four-time Grammy Award winner.
- On September 14, 1979, Pat released her first single If You Think You Know How to Love Me.
- She was ranked at no. 66 on VH1’s “100 Sexiest Artists” list, no. 74 on VH1’s “100 Greatest Hard Rock Artists” list, and no. 39 on VH1’s “100 Greatest Women of Rock N Roll” list.
- She was inducted into the Long Island Music Hall of Fame on October 30, 2008.
- Her daughter Haley was a Miss Golden Globe presenter at the 59th Annual Golden Globe Awards ceremony in 2002.
- August 11, 2002, was declared as “Pat Benatar Day” in Babylon, New York.
- Visit her official website @ BenatarGiraldo.com.
- Connect with Pat Benatar on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Staff Sgt. Joseph McKee / Niagara / Public Domain