|Patrick Starrr Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||November 11, 1989|
Patrick Starrr is an extremely popular figure in the American makeup industry. After fighting numerous stereotypes prevailing in the industry, he has made his way to one of the most successful male makeup artists. Patrick’s YouTube videos featuring celebrity guest models for his makeup tutorials have garnered a huge fan following for him. He enjoys over 4 million subscribers on his YouTube channel and more than 5 million followers on his Instagram.
Patrick, Patrick Starrr (Social Media name)
Orlando, Florida, United States
Patrick divides his time between Los Angeles and New York City.
Patrick graduated from Timber Creek High School in 2007 in Orlando, Florida.
He studied the classical piano in his childhood and taught others to play that instrument in his teens. He continued to play the piano at choirs, musicals, and singing competitions.
Meanwhile, he enrolled for a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing. Although Patrick acquired his Community College degree, he left his undergraduate course in nursing incomplete.
Make-Up Artist, Photographer, YouTuber, Musical Artist
- Father – Arnulfo Simondac aka Toy aka Papastarrr (Entrepreneur/ Licensed Real Estate Broker)
- Mother – Lenee Simondac née Liboon aka Mamastarrr (Nurse)
- Siblings – Peter Simondac (3 Years Younger Brother) (Singer/ Dancer/ Actor), Paul Simondac (4 Years Younger Brother)
Patrick Starrr is managed by –
- Alexandra Duff, Metro Public Relations (Publicist)
- Fabian Zvon Quinonez, Executive Producer for Patrick’s YouTube content
Vocals, Classical Piano
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
85 kg or 187 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Patrick has dated –
- Manny Gutierrez (2016) – In 2016, Patrick created the impression that he married his close friend, fellow make-up artist, and YouTuber, Manny, by posting a picture of their wedding ceremony on Instagram, followed by a video on YouTube. Many people among the audience missed the clarification in the description box of the YouTube video that Manny and Patrick are merely friends who filmed a make-believe wedding at the Glamglow office as an introduction to his bridal make-up tutorials. Patrick’s actual boyfriend was also a part of that enacted ceremony.
- Roni Herrera (2015-Present) – Patrick introduced his LA-based boyfriend, Roni, who is also a make-up artist, in 2015 on his YouTube. He further shared in the video that he met him while visiting a former colleague, Steven Tabimba, in LA. Roni is Steven’s childhood friend and was his roommate when Patrick paid them a visit. Co-incidentally, Roni also had a week off and the two men spent an entire week exploring the city of Los Angeles together. They hit it off and have been together ever since.
Race / Ethnicity
Patrick has South-East Asian and Filipino ancestry.
Often wears bright blue or gray colored lenses as a part of his get-up when he dresses up as a woman
Patrick has frequently clarified that he is a man who dresses up as a woman named Patrick Starrr which is merely a character. He has no intention of changing his gender and does not identify himself as a woman.
- Broad forehead
- Plump, shapely lips
- Big, million dollar smile
- Has a signature style of wearing a scarf on his head like a turban
- Likes to wear extremely long and thick eyelash extensions
- His first product collaboration was initiated with the release of 3 pink nail polishes for Sephora’s Formula X brand (2016).
- Patrick was signed to launch 5 collections with M.A.C as artist collaborator. The first launch was in 2017 while the second collection was launched in June 2018.
- Affiliate marketer for:
- Gerard Cosmetics
- Whitening Lightening teeth whitening kits
- Sigma Brushes
- Morphe Brushes
- Blinking Beaute Mink Lashes
- He has also promoted Kylie Cosmetics / Kris Cosmetics make up collection and Kim Kardashian’s KKW brand on his YouTube channel. As a recognized influencer in the American beauty industry, he has also been invited to KKW beauty events.
- Patrick has also filmed commercials for Benefit (2017) Cosmetics along with other videos sponsored by the brand.
- Several other brands sponsor Patrick’s YouTube videos to get a shout out. Patrick particularly promotes makeup brands by organizing a make-up tutorial with their collection on YouTube often using a celebrity guest model.
Best Known For
His make-up tutorials on YouTube since 2013 and his all-inclusive approach to beauty represented through his signature punchline, Makeup is one size fits all
As a Singer
He released his first single and filmed a music video Got the Glam (2018) as a part of a marketing campaign to promote his third collection with M.A.C.
First TV Show
One episode guest appearance as self in a reality TV series called Transformations (2015) hosted by James St. James.
Patrick Starr Favorite Things
- Model – Cara Delevingne
- Cleansing Oil Brand – Pure One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil by Tatcha
- Beauty Icon – Tyra Banks (Because she is always promoting diversity)
- Home Town Nightclub – Pulse Nightclub (now a memorial site because it was the venue of the deadly 2016 mass shooting)
- Face Powder – Coty Airspun Loose Face powder
- Artificial Lashes – Nubounsom Dragon Li 3D Mink Lash
- Mascara – MAC Extended Play Gigablack Lash
- Make–Up Remover – Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm
- Eyebrow Pencil – Benefit Precisely, My Brow Pencil
Source – YouTube, YouTube, TeenVogue, Byrdie
Patrick Starr Facts
- The social media influencer uses 3 Rs at the end of his last online username Starrr because the username with one R and 2 R was taken.
- He managed to master Photoshop while still in high school which helped him get a better grip on photography.
- Upon finishing school, Patrick started working as a freelance photographer alongside working at a bakery called Panera Bread which was also his first job.
- His interest in makeup stemmed from Photoshop. He often had to touch up people’s faces in raw, unedited photos on Photoshop. Patrick realized he would save a lot of time in post-production if he could do hair & makeup of the person before taking their pictures. He eventually started offering a hair, make-up and photography package as a freelance photographer by the time he was 17 years old.
- Even before his job as a photographer, Patrick’s earliest inspiration was makeover reality shows and beauty pageants which aired on local channels because he neither had cable TV nor the internet for entertainment.
- He eventually moved on to work as an on-call make-up artist for MAC cosmetics at one of their stores.
- Patrick is very vocal about his gratitude for a supportive family. He often states that when he was younger, his parents often stopped him from wearing makeup only to protect him from bullying. Since he has no sisters, he often practiced his makeup skills on his mother.
- The popularity of his YouTube channel took off when a Cancer battling beauty expert, Talia Joy who had nearly a million subscribers became his friend. Talia was featured as a Cover Girl on The Ellen DeGeneres show and the last notification on her YouTube activity feed shortly before she passed away was one of Patrick’s video tutorials that redirected a large audience towards his channel.
- Famous make-up artist Manny Gutierrez and Patrick bonded with each other in mutual support as male make-up artists struggling to survive in a competitive industry saturated with much prettier female artists only to become best friends and frequent business collaborators.
- Patrick and Manny were once kicked out of a huge makeup trade show called IMATS because they attracted an unnaturally large crowd of fans that turned rowdy and difficult to control.
- According to him, a non-makeup look is way harder to nail than an all-out glamorous appearance.
- He nailed the art of highlighting and contouring by understanding the different shapes of faces and how they appear from afar as well as up close.
- Patrick thought of his signature punchline (Makeup is One Size Fits All) when he went shopping at Forever 21 and was disappointed to find out that the store did not have a plus size section.
- His top tip for beginners looking for a break in any professional industry is to befriend other people in the same profession so that you learn to take your job seriously and do not feel lonely during the initial days of your struggle.
- Find out more about the social media influencer by following Patrick Starrr on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Patrick Starrr / Instagram
I hope he’ll change his professional moniker someday. Tom Kenny will get angry=bf.