|Paul Hollywood Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||March 1, 1966|
Paul Hollywood is an English celebrity chef and TV personality who has hosted and judged numerous baking and cooking based shows in the United Kingdom and the United States. He is best known for being one of the judges on the British TV show The Great British Bake Off. He has also served as the head baker for several hotels and resorts such as The Dorchester, Chester Grosvenor and Spa, and the Cliveden Hotel in Britain, Cyprus, and other international locations. Paul has authored several books based on the theme of baking including the 2005 best-seller 100 Great Breads which was named as the ‘Top Bread and Pastry Book’ of the year at The Gourmand World Cookbook Awards.
Paul John Hollywood
Wallasey, Wirral, Merseyside, England, United Kingdom
Kent, England, United Kingdom
Paul had attended The Mosslands School in his hometown of Wallasey. He then got enrolled at the Wallasey School of Art to study sculpture but left his studies midway to begin his career as a baker.
Celebrity Chef, TV Personality, Author
- Father – John F. Hollywood (Bakery Proprietor)
- Mother – Gillian M. Harman
- Siblings – Lee Hollywood (Brother) (Bakery Business Owner), Jane Hollywood (Sister), Jason Hollywood (Brother)
- Others – Simon Moores (Ex-Brother-in-Law) (d. 2019), Norman Harman (Maternal Grandfather) (Military Soldier, World War II Veteran), Kenneth Mackenzie (Great Great Grandfather) (Policeman)
He is represented by Yellow Poppy Media, London, England, United Kingdom.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Paul has dated –
- Alexandra Hollywood (1998–2019) – Paul and Alexandra met in Cyprus for the first time where he was working as the head baker at a five-star hotel and she was working as a scuba diving instructor. The couple soon got married, in 1998, in Cyprus itself. They have a son together named Josh Hollywood (b. October 2001). The pair had separated temporarily in 2013 when Paul had admitted to an affair with Marcela Valladolid, his co-host on the reality series The American Baking Competition. Paul and Alexandra eventually called it quits in November 2017 and were officially divorced in July 2019.
- Marcela Valladolid (2012-2013)
- Summer Monteys-Fullam (2018-2019)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of British descent.
Salt and Pepper
- Stocky frame
- Affable smile
- Sports a goatee
- Short-cropped hair
Paul Hollywood Facts
- Paul’s first work experience came as a teenager when he worked at his father’s bakery in York which was the headquarters of the Bread Winner chain of bakeries.
- In 2008, he innovated a sourdough recipe, using almonds and Roquefort cheese, which was considered as the most expensive bread in Britain at that time. Paul himself termed the bread as the ‘Rolls-Royce of Loaves’.
- Apart from his culinary mastery, he has also dabbled in motorsports. He qualified in 2nd place in the 2015 Britcar Trophy Championship‘s first round and finished 2nd in class in both races at the event.
- In July 2017, he finished first in class at the Dunlop Endurance Race in an Aston Martin GT4 and stood 2nd in class in his maiden 24-hour race at the Circuit of the Americas in November 2017.
Featured Image by Paul Hollywood / Instagram